wiigames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get your WBFS files.
Create a folder in root of SD named: wbfs
Create subfolders with name of game + ID.
Place wbfs file in that folder named just with ID.
Solved had to go on the fourth button and add Wii games . One last thing guys how do I get GameCube and Wii cover art manually without internet

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Solved had to go on the fourth button and add Wii games . One last thing guys how do I get GameCube and Wii cover art manually without internet
Good morning,

go to this site ==>
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii

search for your game ID on this site and retrieve the cover art on this same site.

place your image on your SD or USB (see where your other images are correctly placed on your SD or USB).

example ==> ID of your game => RMCP01=> mario kart wii, right click on the image, "save image as". then copy, paste this same image on your SD.

Last edited by jeannotte,

wiigames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

go to this site ==>
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii

search for your game ID on this site and retrieve the cover art on this same site.

place your image on your SD or USB (see where your other images are correctly placed on your SD or USB).

example ==> ID of your game => RMCP01=> mario kart wii, right click on the image, "save image as". then copy, paste this same image on your SD.
Right I have all corresponding images but I cannot find any where on hd that has images just four folders. games, lost.dir ,save's , wbfs and fe.tmp
Post automatically merged:

Right I have all corresponding images but I cannot find any where on hd that has images just four folders. games, lost.dir ,save's , wbfs and fe.tmp
Solved 👍

Last edited by wiigames,

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello.

Wii just killed another USB stick I used to load games. It held for 5 days lol. I've read about Wii not liking those, but I thought it was the case of compatibility, not blatant murder of USB sticks. I never met a device that does this. It makes me hesitant to buy a separate HDD like it's being recommended. What if it kills it too?

Now I'm weighing my options. Is loading games from SD card safe? It looks like WiiFlow can run most games from SD slot and I'm currently using it. Can Wii kill SD card too?

Some specific games don't run from SD slot. I can't find a list, but I confirmed that Excite Track don't work. What if use SD card reader in USB slot for those games? Will it burn the card reader? I don't understand the mechanism by which it kills tech so I don't know what to do.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
All 3 major usb loaders support loading games from sd. None of them should be damaging usb or sd cards, theoretically even if one were to shit the bed it would only corrupt data and wouldn't permanently damage the device. I wonder if a wonky usb port (I. E. Hardware issue) is causing with your USB flash drives. Assuming for a moment that's not the issue (feels unlikely anyway) usually we suggest using a usb HDD instead of a thumb drive.

Tldr, The issue is most likely tied to problematic usb thumb drives, and using either a usb HDD or an SD card should be fine

Ps. Ensure your mods and apps are up to use using modmii! Just drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Modmii.github.io

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any suggestions?
Mmmhh... Do you unplug your USB stick while the Wii is on?

Actually, this is notified nowhere, but USB devices and SD cards can't be unplugged on the fly, otherwise they may become corrupted. Wii must be turned off first.

I did that a few times back in the days, and when connecting the USB stick or SD card to my PC, no warning until I noticed an event log error was silently created, saying that there was an error detected on the connected USB device, or when my SD card became suddenly write-protected although it wasn't locked.:tpi:

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
All 3 major usb loaders support loading games from sd. None of them should be damaging usb or sd cards, theoretically even if one were to shit the bed it would only corrupt data and wouldn't permanently damage the device. I wonder if a wonky usb port (I. E. Hardware issue) is causing with your USB flash drives. Assuming for a moment that's not the issue (feels unlikely anyway) usually we suggest using a usb HDD instead of a thumb drive.

Tldr, The issue is most likely tied to problematic usb thumb drives, and using either a usb HDD or an SD card should be fine

Ps. Ensure your mods and apps are up to use using modmii! Just drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Modmii.github.io

It definitely killed the USB thumb (but I managed to return it because it was new). Is it possible to check it USB port could be wonky? For a few days it worked just fine, I played Super Paper Mario on it. I remember last time I played it it started to have trouble reading music to appear and the next morning USB stick died completely.

I'm thinking of trying SD Card + Card Reader in USB slot next (only for games like Excite Truck). Don't know if it's possible to kill those two.

Last time I did the modmii updates was about 3 years ago. Maybe I'll do it again.

Mmmhh... Do you unplug your USB stick while the Wii is on?

Actually, this is notified nowhere, but USB devices and SD cards can't be unplugged on the fly, otherwise they may become corrupted. Wii must be turned off first.

I did that a few times back in the days, and when connecting the USB stick or SD card to my PC, no warning until I noticed an event log error was silently created, saying that there was an error detected on the connected USB device, or when my SD card became suddenly write-protected although it wasn't locked.:tpi:
I definitely did that quite a few times. I had trouble getting USB loaders to find folders where games are and went back and worth to rename everything correctly.

Was happened to SD card? Was it recoverable?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hey brothers.

What was the ios necessary to play SpongeBob Boating Bash? I never actually got to run that game :/
The latest D2x cios with base 38 or 58, more info here
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_base_Compatibility_List

Just install the recommended cios's from modmii or wii.guide and you'll be fine. The latest version of gx even has an "auto" ios option to ensure the optimal cios is used to launch whatever game in question

Reactions: nWo and jeannotte

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Was happened to SD card? Was it recoverable?
Yes.

I locked/unlocked the SD card with the lock slider on the edge, until Windows said the card was writable again when connecting it (3 or 4 tries).
After that, as I always turned off the Wii before unplugging the SD card, I never had any "write-access" problem anymore (this SD card is dedicated to the Wii).

Reactions: HE1NZ

sensesfail18782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MameWii is very old, don't use it.
Use RetroArch instead.

Thank you so much for your help, my friend. Retroarch did the trick! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share that info with me. It made things much easier for me. Thanks again.

I have another question if anyone wouldn't mind to help me. I'm trying to figure out if my Bootmii is installed as Boot 2. I installed it probably 7 or so years ago so I truly don't remember how I installed it back then. I'll attach a couple of images showing what info I could find on my Wii.

Attachments

• 20231128_044716.jpg
    20231128_044716.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231128_044806.jpg
    20231128_044806.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
With your SD card containing the bootmii folder inserted in the wii, power on the wii. If you are brought to the bootmii screen, then you have bootmii installed as boot2. (note if u do not have bootmii installed as boot2, u can still customize priiloader to launch bootmii ios upon startup, the above is assuming u have not configured priiloader in this way)

Alternatively, u can run the hackmii installer again and it will tell u if your console is bootmii boot2 capable

Reactions: jeannotte

sensesfail18782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With your SD card containing the bootmii folder inserted in the wii, power on the wii. If you are brought to the bootmii screen, then you have bootmii installed as boot2. (note if u do not have bootmii installed as boot2, u can still customize priiloader to launch bootmii ios upon startup, the above is assuming u have not configured priiloader in this way)

Alternatively, u can run the hackmii installer again and it will tell u if your console is bootmii boot2 capable

That's where I get confused. Sometimes when I power on the Wii it loads to Bootmii, but sometimes it also just loads with the Press A warning screen. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which one it'll load into when I turn it on.

I do still have the Hackmii installer on there. If I were to use it to see if my wii was boot2 capable, will it mess anything up it I were to press to install to boot2 if I already have it installed in boot2? I'm gonna turn on my Wii soon and look at the Hackmii installer again.

What I'm ultimately going for is I'm in love with the Wii Leopard OS custom theme lol and I've been wanting to put it on my wii.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No harm in running the hackmii installer again. It will tell u if it can install bootmii boot2, or if it is already installed. Reinstalling isn't really a big risk and should be fine.

When u power on the Wii the same sd card is always inserted? It should either load the system menu or bootmii consistently, intermittent behaviour is indeed odd.

Also worth noting that bootmii behaviour can be customized using a config file. One possible configuration is to launch bootmii then after x seconds reload to the system menu (or hbc or whatever) if not interrupted by the user. I doubt this is the case, but if you aren't looking closely this could explain the behaviour you're observing. Another explanation might be if your sd card isn't fully inserted all the time, or if the sd card or sd card reader is damaged or slowly dying causing it to not be detected 100% of the time.

Reactions: jeannotte

sensesfail18782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No harm in running the hackmii installer again. It will tell u if it can install bootmii boot2, or if it is already installed. Reinstalling isn't really a big risk and should be fine.

When u power on the Wii the same sd card is always inserted? It should either load the system menu or bootmii consistently, intermittent behaviour is indeed odd.

Also worth noting that bootmii behaviour can be customized using a config file. One possible configuration is to launch bootmii then after x seconds reload to the system menu (or hbc or whatever) if not interrupted by the user. I doubt this is the case, but if you aren't looking closely this could explain the behaviour you're observing. Another explanation might be if your sd card isn't fully inserted all the time, or if the sd card or sd card reader is damaged or slowly dying causing it to not be detected 100% of the time.
It could be the SD card. I just bought a 128 gb microSD from Walmart the other day to put wii and gamecube games on as well as my other emulators and games. It's a SanDisk Image Mate Pro or Gold or something along those lines. Possibly it's an inferior card. Could it also be an issue with my actual SD reader in the Wii, maybe it's worn out or dirty?

My brother is playing Bully at the moment on the Wii lol I've gotten him back into the games of our yesteryear too.

I'm in a quandary on the installing the Leopard OS theme situation. It seems there's things I need to do on an actual computer and not a phone before I could ever install a custom theme on my Wii. I don't have either of my laptops anymore due to unfortunate situations where they were stolen from me, so what I have been doing on my Wii the last few weeks I've been doing with putting the SD card in my phone and copying folders with a file manager. It'll be at least two weeks before my son can come back home from college with his laptop and I'm not sure he'll even get to bring it by. I'm almost to the point of being willing to throw someone a few bucks to help me do what needs to be done from my Wii and them send me the final files and maybe help me install the theme lol. I'm being dorky and desperate smh lol I just have obsessed over the theme since I saw it because it reminds me of the theme I had on my PSP years ago that I had to sell to pay my rent one time smh.

Sorry for the senseless ramble but someone here might feel my pain and relate lol.

By the way thank you so much for your help and your info. I truly appreciate you helping newbs like me.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It could be the SD card. I just bought a 128 gb microSD from Walmart the other day to put wii and gamecube games on as well as my other emulators and games. It's a SanDisk Image Mate Pro or Gold or something along those lines. Possibly it's an inferior card. Could it also be an issue with my actual SD reader in the Wii, maybe it's worn out or dirty?

My brother is playing Bully at the moment on the Wii lol I've gotten him back into the games of our yesteryear too.

I'm in a quandary on the installing the Leopard OS theme situation. It seems there's things I need to do on an actual computer and not a phone before I could ever install a custom theme on my Wii. I don't have either of my laptops anymore due to unfortunate situations where they were stolen from me, so what I have been doing on my Wii the last few weeks I've been doing with putting the SD card in my phone and copying folders with a file manager. It'll be at least two weeks before my son can come back home from college with his laptop and I'm not sure he'll even get to bring it by. I'm almost to the point of being willing to throw someone a few bucks to help me do what needs to be done from my Wii and them send me the final files and maybe help me install the theme lol. I'm being dorky and desperate smh lol I just have obsessed over the theme since I saw it because it reminds me of the theme I had on my PSP years ago that I had to sell to pay my rent one time smh.

Sorry for the senseless ramble but someone here might feel my pain and relate lol.

By the way thank you so much for your help and your info. I truly appreciate you helping newbs like me.
You're in luck! You can build the theme you want using this website instead of a PC. Just make sure you have bootmii and priiloader installed first

http://wiithemer.org/

Edit: big thanks to @scooby74029 for wii themer!

Last edited by XFlak,

sensesfail18782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're in luck! You can build the theme you want using this website instead of a PC. Just make sure you have bootmii and priiloader installed first

http://wiithemer.org/

Edit: big thanks to @scooby74029 for wii themer!

Thank you so much, my friend! It worked like a charm and I now have the Wii Leopard OS theme working. I'm so grateful to you and the others that helped me a couple pages back in the thread as well. You all are amazing and have a great community.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wii just killed another USB stick I used to load games. It held for 5 days lol. I've read about Wii not liking those, but I thought it was the case of compatibility, not blatant murder of USB sticks. I never met a device that does this. It makes me hesitant to buy a separate HDD like it's being recommended. What if it kills it too?
I wonder if a wonky usb port (I. E. Hardware issue) is causing with your USB flash drives.
Meaning = Check your Wii's USB ports for damaged/worn pins & for loose fittings. Also do the same with your Flash drives. Look closely !
Most likely your newer Flash drives are USB3x & may not sit correctly in a USB2 port (wear & tear). Invest in plain USB2 adapters to fit/suit. Was a pain, but that fixed the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8