Hacking quick help (sysupdate error)

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i just tried downgrading my new 3ds xl to 9.2. however, after several successful installs i got an error and am now on a partial downgrade i guess? i can access the recovery mode and i can acess my 3ds when removing the sd card and i can also acess the homebrew launcher (black screen when trying to load sysupdate again..)

can i try downgrading again in an easy way or should i upgrade to the newest firmware and wait?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest trying to get sysupdater to open and finish the downgrade. I know when this thing first came out i had to open it like 100+ times to actually get it to open. But it seems to have gotten better.

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oh, so i can do that despite getting a black screen when booting with the sd card (i thought it got corrupted along with sysupdate..)?

would this work?

-boot without sd card (otherwise black screen)
-insert sd card
-enter homebrew launcher
-start sysupdate.

or will i only get a black screen from now on when acessing sysupdate thanks to the partial downgrade (soft brick?)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would atleast try. Im not sure if a partial downgrade means being corrupted? Did you check your sd card to see if it is corrupted? Correct me if im wrong, but If the 3ds recognizes it, it should be fine. Anywhere ive seen has said to finish the downgrade but If you want to update and try again thats fine too. Id hurry with that before N puts out "10.7"

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
when you remove your sdcard, is everything working then? because it looks like a leftover from menuhax. try removing menuhax and see if everything works then

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes, eerything works like normally as i can see. i did get quite far into the installation until the error.

remove how? through the homebrew channel (if possible) or from the sd card while connected to pc?

Last edited by K_K,

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i've been trying several times now and i get the "failed to get CIA"-error. can anyone confirm if it is possible to finish the downgrade with this method?

i mean, did the files change in some way when i did my first downgrade and therefore i get the error all the time now?

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've been trying several times now and i get the "failed to get CIA"-error. can anyone confirm if it is possible to finish the downgrade with this method?

i mean, did the files change in some way when i did my first downgrade and therefore i get the error all the time now?
That's normal, just keep trying. Took me like 50 times at first

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
even at "partial downgrades" or whatever we call it..?
i must have been lucky earlier then, as i got it to downgrade on the second try, until i got an error during the install :<

Last edited by K_K,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even at "partial downgrades" or whatever we call it..?
i must have been lucky earlier then, as i got it to downgrade on the second try, until i got an error during the install :<
Try to open FTP-3DS and then spam b until it exits and open sysupdater. When it opens and shows Y to downgrade, let it sit for a few minutes (2 minutes-ish) and then hit Y.
When I first tried a while back to downgrade my N3DS, it opened my third try, but I was nervous at the time and closed it as soon as it popped up xD

Last edited by Lumince,

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fuck sake, i must have gotten -real- lucky before as i've tried 50 times now and i just get the same failure message. honestly, i think it's easier the less junk there is on the 3ds and the sd card.

is safesysupdater better?

Last edited by K_K,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck sake, i must have gotten -real- lucky before as i've tried 50 times now and i just get the same failure message. honestly, i think it's easier the less junk there is on the 3ds and the sd card.

is safesysupdater better?
Tbh, ive seen that dafesysupdater likes to freeze more often then sysupdater. It does suck to actually get it to work. But eventually it will. Did you let it sit for a little bit after what I said to do? If you let the app sit for a moment before downgrading it could help.

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i have tried that. feels like it got way more unstable after my first failed downgrade attempt.. and i haven't found anyone that can confirm that they've succesfully done this after a partial downgrade.

anyway, i'm wondering if i should upgrade since some says it's easier. is that the ocarina of time hack then? i do have ocarina..

why the hell did i even get an error in the middle of downgrading anyway? and if i get lucky again who's to say it won't give me an error yet again? argh!

Last edited by K_K,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you on 10.6? If you want to, try to update and retry it from there. It was pretty unstable at 9.3 - 10.3 so it may be something to do with that you are half 10.3/6 and half 9.2

K_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i'm updating now and it seems there is a new firmware out there from ninty. you gotta be fucking kidding me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-