Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a quick question..

I'm planning on selling my switch. I've only had it for a few months and I've only played it a few times.I haven't done gaming in a few years actually. I guess it's just not for me anymore.

The problem is that I've used sx os on my switch and, if I do manage to sell it, I don't want the new owners to get banned. (If my switch isn't banned already. I wouldn't know however as I don't use it online). Because if the new owners get banned then I'm sure they'll contact Nintendo as to the reason for the ban and it'll go on and on from there, leading up to me. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, can I erase everything from the switch, including sx os? I want a complete and total erase. And NO, I didn't backup the NAND (?)

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't backup NAND unfortunately. It's my own fault for not doing research first. I didn't learn about backing up the NAND until after it was too late.

I don't know if I should sale it. I don't want the potential new owners to get banned somewhere down the line.

Any solutions or workarounds?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I didn't backup NAND unfortunately. It's my own fault for not doing research first. I didn't learn about backing up the NAND until after it was too late.

I don't know if I should sale it. I don't want the potential new owners to get banned somewhere down the line.

Any solutions or workarounds?
Recreate your NAND using prodinfo. That's the only thing I can think of.
TBH tho, cfw does not really leave traces in NAND.

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but you're speaking gibberish right now. Sorry. I guess I can Google it, right?

I need to sell it to help out a friend. He lost his job and his bills are due...

I never really played it though. Maybe 7 times in the few months I've owned it. I just couldn't get into it and that's the reason I don't mind selling it.

Now I'm stuck with 2 sx os that are useless to me.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry, but you're speaking gibberish right now. Sorry. I guess I can Google it, right?

I need to sell it to help out a friend. He lost his job and his bills are due...

I never really played it though. Maybe 7 times in the few months I've owned it. I just couldn't get into it and that's the reason I don't mind selling it.

Now I'm stuck with 2 sx os that are useless to me.
You can google that if you want.
For you it would be the best to just factory reset it.

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you wouldn't know 100% but would the potential new owner be banned because I used sx os?

And I looked to factory restore but it said I had to take the switch online to unlink the account. Is that safe?

Thanks for your help and prompt replies.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes, he can get banned, but it is unlikely if you stay offline.
You can factory restore from the recovery menu without going online (at least it was possible). Hold Volume UP + DOWN while booting (so vol up + down + power)

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I was going to sell it on eBay or somewhere like that.

So if I sell it, and the owner contacts me later down the line saying that he/she is banned, what steps do I need to take?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Actually I was going to sell it on eBay or somewhere like that.

So if I sell it, and the owner contacts me later down the line saying that he/she is banned, what steps do I need to take?
Probably don't care. /s
You really can't do anything if he/she gets banned. Same goes for you. You can't really do anything if there are some traces (which I highly doubt btw).

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lastly, I tried to factory reset the switch but it said that I needed to be online to unlink the account. I could still factory reset the switch (which I haven't just yet. I want to have everything perfectly clear). ..but it warned me that the account would still be linked to the switch unless I took the switch online.

Also, do you know anything about "clearing the logs"?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
dreport can clean logs, but if you were online with erros, removing them can get you banned. Also, the last thing you can do is to get devmenu and try to unlike your account from there.

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find devmenu?

And do you know where I could sale those 2 sx os? Don't know if I'm allowed to ask here. Sorry if I'm not. I odered 2 because one of them took too long to arrive.I thought it got lost so I ordered a second one. Now I have 2 that I have no use for anymore.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Where can I find devmenu?

And do you know where I could sale those 2 sx os? Don't know if I'm allowed to ask here. Sorry if I'm not. I odered 2 because one of them took too long to arrive.I thought it got lost so I ordered a second one. Now I have 2 that I have no use for anymore.
You have to google *caught* jjbredesen's discord server *caught*
SX OS once activated can't be used on different console. Otherwise on ebay or here (there is a section for selling)

Thunderdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I've only used one sx os on my switch so the other one should be good to sale. I tried to sale on eBay but they pulled it down within a day.

I'll try to unlink my account and factory reset.

Thanks for all your help. You've been kind and patient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1