Hardware Quick 3DS XL question

DarkCoffe64

Bo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lately, I was thinking of buying a 3DS XL, mostly because of the increased battery life,
but there are some things that I want to be sure about before I buy one...

1) Does everything get transfered when you do a data transfer, or not? Like, the activity log stuff, the streetpass mii plaza data, ect.
2) Does the ambassador status get transfered too?
3) Does the 3DS XL have it's own charge stand? It would suck if not...
4) What firmware does the 3DS XL have when you buy it?

Thanks in advance!

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
1) yes
2) yes
3) yes, but sold separately (in Europe at least). I think it's 25€ (stand + charger) and the regular charger is 10€
4) I had to upgrade it to 4.3.0-10 so I guess it's the one before that one (can't remember exactly)

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lately, I was thinking of buying a 3DS XL, mostly because of the increased battery life,

1) Does everything get transfered when you do a data transfer, or not? Like, the activity log stuff, the streetpass mii plaza data, ect.

Thanks in advance!

Everything gets transferred, the console ships with 3.1.0-06 on it (just checked mine) BUT that won;t matter because to transfer from one console to another requires you to update the console to 4.3.0 :(
A charging dock is due out in august, until then its just the standard plug in one.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Just make sure you are connected to stabile internet connection.
If you for some reason get disconnected from internet in the system transfer process. you could end up like me with two formatted consoles :P

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
If there's one thing I've learned from the transfer it's:

Backup your SD card BEFORE you transfer!!! :)

Then if there are any problems with missing saves from your Eshop games, you can transfer ti all over with your backup.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If there's one thing I've learned from the transfer it's:

Backup your SD card BEFORE you transfer!!! :)

Then if there are any problems with missing saves from your Eshop games, you can transfer ti all over with your backup.
This.

I did it opposite and some of my downloads are gone.

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 3DS XL have the contacts on the back of it for a docking stand? I have not seen a picture of the back of the unit yet.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Does the 3DS XL have the contacts on the back of it for a docking stand? I have not seen a picture of the back of the unit yet.
Yes it does.

The layout at the back looks EXACTLY the same as the original 3DS, only the stylus has been moved and the IR port is now oval.

Thanks in advance!
1) Yes, but make sure you transfer SD card contents first. You might risk losing your data/games. Games wise you can redownload them on the eShop so it's okay.

2) Yes

3) Yes, but sold separately. If you are a first time buyer I suggest getting the charger + stand pack. If you already have a charger, just that would suffice.

4) Mine ships with 4.2.0-9J. However if you want to do a system transfer you MUST update to 4.3.0-10J/U/E. If you are using a flashcart update that first on a working console before using it.

For system transfers, there are a limited number of times you can transfer. Each transfer must have a buffer of 7 days.

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. That does leave the door open for a future charging cradle accessory. I am not surprised that they left it out of the 3DS XL box. With the original 3DS it was only useful for those who didn't use a case.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for the response. That does leave the door open for a future charging cradle accessory. I am not surprised that they left it out of the 3DS XL box. With the original 3DS it was only useful for those who didn't use a case.
The official Nintendo cradle is out in case you don't know.

But a third party that uses those charging chips, yes it is entirely possible.

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had not even seen an announcement for the 3DS XL cradle yet in the US. I can't imagine them leaving it to be European/Japanese only.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I had not even seen an announcement for the 3DS XL cradle yet in the US. I can't imagine them leaving it to be European/Japanese only.
That's because the 3DS XL isn't even out in the US yet!! ;)

They won't need an announcement. All they need to do is to put them on shelves together with the sets on Aug 19. Besides, what were those chips for other than that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans