Quick 2Ds downgrade question.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bluejays, Dec 27, 2016.

1. bluejays
    OP

bluejays GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
  2. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    im not sure if a physical copy exists but i dont think it will work even if you do have it. Because the game has to be installed onto your device's nand for it to work.. dsiware titles can write onto nand and do its "witchcraft" bypassing the 3DS's security..

edit: thinking about it, it might work if we could inject a hacked save to the DS cartridge but sadly i dont think such game in physical form exist..

Last edited by owek1, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    I'm not even sure if they're physical copies of the 4 Dsiware games.
    Even if there were, I'm sure that they wouldn't have read/write access to NAND like the digital versions. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    as others are saying there are no physical copy's of the games . . . so . . . no . . . you need dsiware. the flaw you are trying to exploit is only possible because the game installs on the system nand itself

5. DoArt

DoArt Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    United States
    Considering the list of dsiware has been updated and there are physical copies of these games, anyone have a solid answer?

6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    There was only one dsi flash cart and was blocked in 2.x so this injection tactic wouldn't work

7. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    You can not use a physical copy. The exploit is that DSiWare is installed to NAND and thus has access to NAND.

8. DoArt

DoArt Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    United States
    Figured that was the case, just wanted to be sure.