Questions to install CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kiel2040, May 5, 2017.

1. Kiel2040
    OP

Kiel2040 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Argentina
    So I bought a used WiiU, It had the previous owner Mii with his password, when I got It I created my Mii, set It as default user and created my nintendo account. This was like a year ago or so. I been using the online method for SD loading and later on the USB method with no problems.
    Now I wanted to install hachix and all but the console is set to Argentina (where I live) and cant get to download anything because theres no shop for my country.
    So if I restore the console to factory settings I Will be able to set It up as a US console?
    Will I need the original user password? Ive lost the paper where he wroteit down If is that so what can I do to bypass that.
    Also my games installed in USB Will still work after the restore or Will have to install them again?
    And the saves? Can I copy and get them back after that?...
    Thanks in advance sorry for the long post.

Last edited by Kiel2040, May 5, 2017
  2. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    I think yes, you could. But you have to create a new NNID and say it is US or Canadian
    For saves you have to use Saviine

3. Kiel2040
    OP

Kiel2040 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Argentina
    Thanks for the replay, there's no problem in creating a new I'd.
    What worries me is that the USB games might not work, and also that the saves from the games are tied to a user that will be erased. Or is there a way to move saves between different accounts?

4. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Use Saviine or SysConfigTool or SaveMii to dump old saves and then just format, redump them back and reinstall games.

5. Kiel2040
    OP

Kiel2040 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Argentina
    So as I see the USB games will be unplayable, will have to reinstall everything back.
    The saves are tied to the current user, when I put them back will they work or do I have to edit the saves to work again?

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You won't have to edit the saves. Just grab each save with saviine. Then once you have the new nnid setup download and install your USB games again (Wii U USB Helper is your friend) and launch each game one at a time. Inject your saves back with saviine each time

7. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You know that just injecting them and installing games again works also.

8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Isn't that what I said? What'd I miss?

9. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Well you said to launch every game and inject saves that way which is time consuming.

10. Kiel2040
    OP

Kiel2040 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Argentina
    OK thanks!
    So before doing anything I have to install saviine and do a copy of every save. Then format. After that I set up a new user, reinstall the USB games and whit saviine the injection of the saves.

11. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yep