Questions on modding my 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Marvellous_Mari, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Marvellous_Mari
    OP

Marvellous_Mari Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2019
    United States
    What are the dangers of modding my 3ds? And if I have a backup unmodded sd card to switch to is it fixed?

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    No dangers and here is the guide

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

3. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    :yay:

Hello.:)

That requires:

- You can Read and follow exactly Instructions.
    - You are relaxed and calm
    - You have Time
    - No Hurry and No Rush please.

AND

- a fully charged 3DS and an Power Charger.:rofl2:

If you READ and do EXACTLY what the GUIDE says - Really NO DANGER !
    And then nothing stops you from having fun on the modded 3Ds.:yay3ds:

Good Luck.
    Thank you.:)

4. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Softbricking a 2|3DS with custom firmware is not easy; you would have to ignore warnings and do stupid things on purpose like deleting or modifying files on the internal NAND. But even the worst softbricks can be repaired relatively easy with ntrboot and a NAND backup.
    example

Speaking of the NAND: The actual modification (B9S) is written to the internal memory of the console. There is no such thing as a “modded SD” (though boot.firm is needed on the SD to boot the device until a copy of boot.firm is put on CTRNAND). Just follow the guide from the beginning to the end, don’t omit any steps (including SD test and NAND backup!) and everything will be fine.

If you have any further questions or problems just ask. Have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Nov 4, 2019
  5. Marvellous_Mari
    OP

Marvellous_Mari Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2019
    United States
    Thanks and if i use a modded sd card(1tb formatted in fat32), would that work with the 3ds or mess up the custom firmware

Last edited by Marvellous_Mari, Nov 4, 2019
  6. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2016
    France
    Make sure that your SDcard is real... For 1TB i would recommend you to do a h2testw before as there's a lot of fakes... If it is real (in my knowledge there's only Lexar with a full size sd... ), then it should work (not sure what is the 3ds's maximum though)

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    At that size, a genuine 1 terabyte sd card would work but be impractical to use because of dirt slow load times. Only a few flash memory companies make cards at that capacity. Brand new, real 1 TB SDXC (micro)cards cost around US $350 MSRP. I would not trust buying a card at that size and then using it until it passes hardware check in H2testw.

You're better going off with a 128 GB card formatted in FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size: good balance of space versus speed trade-off.
    200-256 GB card could work if you're the more patient type of person.

Check my signature for sd cards, or visit your local walmart for this new brand.

Ammako likes this.
  8. Marvellous_Mari
    OP

Marvellous_Mari Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2019
    United States
    Ty. which software version do i use to mod Ver. 11.10.0-43U seedminer or the all versions one.

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    If you're decent at following the directions to a recipe making chocolate chip cookies, go with seedminer.

If you're the type of person who rather eat (premade) store bought cookies and are willing to pay a package's worth, go with ntrboot.

10. Marvellous_Mari
    OP

Marvellous_Mari Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2019
    United States
    I'm a really fast learner and I'm guessing homemade inn this case too right

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted