[Questions] CIAs and Downgrading

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by pandavova, Jan 6, 2016.

1. pandavova
    OP

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    You thought it was pandavova, but it was me, Dio!
    For me are some stuff not clear..

1. What are "Legit" Cias?
    1a. Why are they "Legit" if they are Games?
    1b. Can it be that more Cais in the Time that are "Legit"?
    2. To what versions can you Downgrade?
    2a. When to 9.2 then why dont install CWF or "normal" Cias?

Sorry when someone ask it already ._.

2. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    1. Legit CIAs are system titles (everything that constitutes the system) and games that were preinstalled on some 3DS. (3DS + Game pack with preinstalled games)
    1a. Those CIAs are legit because they are signed by Nintendo. When you download a game from eshop, each digital signature is console specific. With the legit CIAs, this signature is generic, common to everyone, that's why we can install and play them properly.
    1b. Of course: each time a new firmware is released, new system titles are released (updates of the previous one in fact). Those CIAs are all "legit" but they aren't really interesting. For games legit CIA, yes, it is possible, each time a new bundle is released with a pre-installed game, that game is a legit CIA and can be soon find on that iso site.
    2. You can downgrade to the version you want. Obviously, 9.2 is recommanded.
    2a. Legit CIA can be played in sysnand without running a CFW. Obviously for other contents that doesn't exist as Legit CIA, you can install "normal" (non-legit) CIA and launch a CFW to use those.

pandavova likes this.
  3. pandavova
    OP

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    You thought it was pandavova, but it was me, Dio!
    Very Helpful... Thanks!

Edit: So basicly the 3DS is hacked, now we only must edit the firmware cia and delete the "Want to Update" thing...

Last edited by pandavova, Jan 6, 2016
  4. xmosh

xmosh Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2015
    Mexico
    1.- Legit cia its a dump from a pre-installed game coming with a console like bundles, like the MH4 bundle, the 3DS XL blue coming with Mario Kart 7, the Special edition 3DS XL of Animal Crossing New Leaf coming with ACNL etc...
    1b.- They are "legit" because they come pre-installed, so they come without some kind of security so Nintendo can install them easylly (i think)..
    1b i dont think so... now the newer bundles come with a download code for the e-shop, no more preinstalled games.
    2.- i think 10.3.
    2a.- You can install the legit cias in 10.3 with the new hack, its for people who dont want to downgrade their consoles (because its a litle risky) :P

5. Escorpion

Escorpion GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    And guys... i really appreciate if someone of u... can just tell me if there´s any video guide of how to downgrade, from 9.9U to 9.2U old 3ds... i already check the guide of gbatemp but is like... a bit complicate for me, and i want to do it right. something else, i understand the process but, i don´t understand where can i download the firmware CIAs.. i understand can´t be posted here so, if someone can pm me and resolve this questions well...thank you very much.