All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1. What games does the Pokemon Mini emulator run?
2. Can the Pokemon Mini emulator run fan-made games like some I have seen in Youtube videos?
3. Which SNES emulator has the best compatibility?
4. Were there ever any emulators that supported the Laserdisc games? (I already know about Dragon's Lair for the DS.)
5. For the Klax and Tetris arcade emulation, is it more worth it to simply skip ahead to the NES counterparts instead?
6. About the DOS emulator on the portal page... Can you really run Warcraft on it? How would you even get the game small enough to fit on a 2GB Micro SD?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
3. Which SNES emulator has the best compatibility?SNEmulDS: http://www.snemul.com/ds/
Sora de Eclaune said:
5. For the Klax and Tetris arcade emulation, is it more worth it to simply skip ahead to the NES counterparts instead?I think the Arcade versions of those two games would have issues due to the special controller they use.
QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Feb 20 2011, 05:42 PM)
6. About the DOS emulator on the portal page... Can you really run Warcraft on it? How would you even get the game small enough to fit on a 2GB Micro SD?
Warcraft came on a single CD or 4x 1.44MB Floppies (5.76MB) so installed I'm guessing would be ~10MB. Much smaller than your average NDS game.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Warcraft =/= World Of Warcraft.
I don't enjoy World of Warcraft at all. The game is quite boring. You click an enemy over and over and expect it to die. You can spam potions and all kinds of magic. I do not understand how people can even get addicted to it and spend real money on it.

I simply did not know the installation size of Warcraft.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Man my 98 machine had 14 gigs of space. It was fucking pimpin'.
Warcraft came out in 1994, it was the late '90s that saw 'explosive' growth in storage. So while I'd doubt 14GB in '94, in '98 is easily believable.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
3. Which SNES emulator has the best compatibility?SNEmulDS: http://www.snemul.com/ds/

I have tried this emulator after you suggested it, but it cannot run Super Mario RPG, Bust-a-Move, Aero the Acrobat, or Addams Family Values. There truly isn't anything better?

twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
5. For the Klax and Tetris arcade emulation, is it more worth it to simply skip ahead to the NES counterparts instead?I think the Arcade versions of those two games would have issues due to the special controller they use.

They use special controllers? I did not know that.

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Feb 20 2011, 04:00 PM)
Warcraft came on a single CD or 4x 1.44MB Floppies (5.76MB) so installed I'm guessing would be ~10MB. Much smaller than your average NDS game.
Really? That's small!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The DS is incredibly weak as far as processing power goes (which is the deciding factor in emulation ability). I mean it's weak. It's pathetic. It's a joke. It's so bad that the SUpercard DSTwo has a more powerful processor. The flash cart. It has a more powerful processor than the DS.

The only thing better is the emulator for the DSTwo. While it can play more, it's still not perfect.

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Rydian said:
The DS is incredibly weak as far as processing power goes (which is the deciding factor in emulation ability). I mean it's weak. It's pathetic. It's a joke. It's so bad that the SUpercard DSTwo has a more powerful processor. The flash cart. It has a more powerful processor than the DS.

The only thing better is the emulator for the DSTwo. While it can play more, it's still not perfect.
That sound so like the old Rydian, before becaming Magazine Staff, by the way youre right, the ds processor is weak.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That is quite depressing. While I could very well attain a Supercard DS2, I would rather spend my money on games for my Nintendo DS Lite, as the only game cartridge I have at this time is the R4 my friend gave to me with the DS itself.

Oh well. At least I am able to play other games.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:

I have tried this emulator after you suggested it, but it cannot run Super Mario RPG, Bust-a-Move, Aero the Acrobat, or Addams Family Values. There truly isn't anything better?Not really...
There's an emulator for the SuperCard DSTwo, but that has processors in the card itself so it doesn't work on anything else.

Sora de Eclaune said:
twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:

They use special controllers? I did not know that.Sorry, Tetris doesn't use a special controller, I was thinking Arkanoid for some reason.
Klax uses a knob you turn left/right. Arkanoid (and some others) use a ball that spins or sometimes knobs.

QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Feb 20 2011, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Feb 20 2011, 04:00 PM)
Really? That's small!
Yep.
Even the original Diablo is only like 100MB or something.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
I had Warcraft on my old 800mb Mac.
That is interesting. Usually, your computer would either shut down because it would freeze, or maybe you changed the settings in the graphics options.
unsure.gif

Usually, the game would say that the graphics card failed to start up the game, but I am glad you got it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.