Questions about savedatafiler

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by godstriker8, Jun 19, 2015.

1. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    I'm on 4.2, and Savedatafiler doesn't workk for extracting my Smash retail save. If I update to 9.2, will it be able to extract my save?

And if I play a CIA with a public header, will I be able to inject the save into my retail cartridge down the line, or will it fail because the headers won't be the same?

2. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    bump

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    - Yes
    - cias and eshop games use the console header, and headers don't matter with sdf anyway.

4. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    All I can tell you is, I just copied my smash save file from .3ds to .3dz using SaveDataFiler without any problem on 9.2 sysnand and 9.8 emunand. I also was able to copy it to my retail cart using the same program + rxTools.

What I can't say for sure, is whether you are going to get any corruption issues because of the 4.2 firmware. I don't have much knowledge about that.

Hope that helps

5. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I personally use NTR on 9.2 to extract the retail save, then make a save with the 3ds/3dz and extract the raw data, then just replace the user data, convert back the save and play