Homebrew Questions about NDS emulation

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I want to buy a NDS lite and I want to find out what I'll need to play NDS roms on it, and more importantly if roms will let you play online.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play roms on your DS, you will (of course) need a special cart to copy them onto, as well as (for most modern flashcarts) a smaller, fingernail-sized bit of memory called a MicroSD card to copy games onto.

If you just want quick and cheap, though, the DSTT can be gotten for as low as $6... the Acekard is fancier in various ways depending on what version you get, but the DSTT is cheap and plays games fine. I have an M3real and it also works fine.

The price of MicroSD cards varies based on their capacity, ranging from as low as $4 or less for 1-2 GB cards, to ~$50 for 16 GB cards. Some devices will come with a small MicroSD card.

You copy the games onto the MicroSD card (along with some system files for your cart), then you put the MicroSD card in the cart and put it in your DS. And turn it on. It's as simple as that, and I probably made it sound more complicated than it really is.

And yes, roms will let you play online. I haven't heard of any copy-protection that prevents that.

Darkcloak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, I was mostly asking because there are tons of different storage devices and some can't play some games. Then there are some that need certain firmware. I'm thinking of getting a CycloDS unless anyone has a better/cheaper suggestion.

also..has anybody ever emulated ps1 games on the DS?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS1 emulation on the DS is probably never going to happen at any playable speed. It still struggles with SNES, for instance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.