Gaming questions about my pc

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright, i have a Presario CQ56 laptop (compaq, ms windows 7 home premium 64-bit sp1, amdv140 processer, 3gb ram, amd m880g with ati mobility radeon hd 4250) i have a few questions.

1) first up is about the webcam... it doesnt work! first thing i did when i got the computer is have my uncle tell ,me all the crap i could uninstall (sped up the thing a bit) the webcam worked back then... doesnt work now. i didnt do anything. what the hell is wrong with it?

2) next up! this is the more improtant question... im using the computer to mainly run games. the ones im running are; spiderman web of shadows (runs nicely but lags sometimes) portal 2 (runs nearly flawlessly on lower settings) portal (runs fine on any settings) minecraft (runs nearly flawlessly on lowest settings, but with normal mode difficulty) league of legends (runs alright on default settings runs even better and in my opinion looks nicer on lowest settings) and dungeons and dragoins online: ebberon unlimited (runs alright on default and even better on lower settings) and the standard emulators (gba runs fine ds runs nicely on frameskip, n64 runs fine) now, i DO have an windows xp upgrade cd. should i downgrade my windows 7 to an xp? and will i be able to run all of my games fine? will it speed up the computer in any way?

3) if i shouldnt downgrade to xp, is there any other way to improve the computers speed?

please dont post any crap like "OMGWTFLOL? U PLAYZ LOL 2!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? WATS UR USER NAME SO I CANZ ADD U!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?"
you can pm me for that
wink.gif

please dont spam!

thanks in advance,
link491

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Before anything, check in the hardware manager to check that it even detects the webcam. If it detects it, then it's probably drivers. If it detects unknown hardware, there may be a fault or the drivers may have become corrupted. If it can't detect it at all, it may be disconnected. I don't have any knowledge for fixing it in that case.

Software side, you can reinstall Windows 7, update to the latest drivers, uninstall any applications you're not using, run an AV/malware scan to pick up any unwanted processes, run optimisation software (e.g. Ccleaner) to clean the registry, remove useless processes, etc... Or just tweak Windows settings to take up less resources.

Hardware side, clean out the dust, reapply the thermal paste, defrag or even nuke the HDD, upgrade the RAM, maybe even upgrade the HDD.

Re: Windows XP, I don't advise switching to XP. Your hardware is good enough to run 7 just fine, so getting XP is a step backwards. Also XP stopped being supported a while ago so it's insecure and not as well optimised. On the plus side, certain games will run on XP and not on 7. I've never failed to get a game working yet though (even zork nemesis), so that point is kinda moot.

On an unrelated note, should I be helping you? My colours are green then White, so I'm your natural enemy.
EDIT (since it's OT): between my royal elf deck and holy angel deck, I've not had much problem dealing with any black deck from any series. One day I might mix them for the ultimate life-gain/flying/stampede deck, but they're too much fun separately. That said, my IML black deck still needs work to perfect infinite mana. Something to convert colourless to black...

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright, the comp doesnt pick it up so ill take it to best buy or another close comp shop, thanks for the advice ill do all the things you reccommended.

thanks for the help
link491

on a side note, yes you should help me my reasons are that in the scourge block, b/w clerics were aparently good!, in ravinca block, the golgari guild was g/b, and in the latest set, scars, the phyrexians main colors were g/b! hah! white, is still my enemy...
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs