Hacking Questions about hacking the Wii U's WiiMode

DarkPawn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions about installing Homebrew Channel and using GeckoCodes on the Wii U's WiiMode.

1.) Does my Wii U's current system software (5.3.2 U) matter, and if it does what do I need to do.

2.) Related to above, but does updating the Wii U effect the WiiMode/Homebrew Channel.

3.) If none of the above matter, what is the easiest way.

I apologize if all of this has been asked and/or answered before, but finding the up-to-date info in a constantly updating forum is a bit tricky.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Your version is fine. Updating may affect it, but hasn't so far. If you're worried, you could block updates and just keep an eye on the forums to see what happens when someone else updates.

Follow the guide from the tutorials section. I would copy the link here, but this site is fucky on my phone.

I followed the guide 2 days ago on the same version, and it worked just fine.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No this should not factor in anything.

2. As far as developers know it's affected nothing, however it's possible the most recent updates have affected the Wii U side of the console, but nothing is really confirmed on that yet.

3. I used the Smash Stack exploit. but there are other games you can use as far as i know.

Be sure to read the stickies very thoroughly, not everything works the same on the vWii as it does on the Wii.

DarkPawn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. However, after finally getting a copy of Brawl I've found out that I only have SDHC cards so the Smash Stack exploit won't work. Is there any other exploit that would work?

I installed Homebrew on my original Wii using LetterBomb, would I be able to use it on the vWii?

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies. However, after finally getting a copy of Brawl I've found out that I only have SDHC cards so the Smash Stack exploit won't work. Is there any other exploit that would work?

I installed Homebrew on my original Wii using LetterBomb, would I be able to use it on the vWii?
No must have a exploitable wii game

DarkPawn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that LetterBomb wouldn't work, but felt that there was no harm in confirming. The stickies are full of information that tends to overwhelm and confuse me, but regardless I'm getting Wii Memory SD from GameStop soon so I'll see about getting Smash Stack to work.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I believe you can use an SDHC as long as it is only formatted with a partition 2GB or below. You can then reformat it back to full capacity once the exploit is installed.

DarkPawn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an SD card and have now installed Homebrew Channel. Now I'm trying to find the extension for Gecko OS that allowed it to Load Channel. I can't seem to find it from a reliable source.

As an extra question, since I have now done this I'm looking to "reset" my old Wii console so that I can give away and I do not know the safe way to do that. I only installed Homebrew Channel and USBLoader GX (which is the problem area).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Damn :(