Hacking questions about gba flash carts/emulators

maxi_recoba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
any response here would be awesome so thanks in advance.

im looking for some info on flash carts, any recommendations? i only want a flash cart so i can migrate pokemon from the gba games to platinum (which is an official copy btw, not a rom on an r4).

i'd also like to know if its possible to transfer sav files from a pc (created by an emulator, say no$gba) to the flash cart and vice versa as i much prefer playing pokemon on a pc. this would enable me to play the gba games on a pc and then only use the flash cart when i needed to migrate pokemon to platinum.

Kurobon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What you want a flashcard for is pretty much impossible right now, from my reading on the flashcards out right now. I'm guessing you want to do this with a flash cart because you don't have the gba games of pokemon or you have a dsi? If you wanted to get a flash cart I'd say get an acekard2 (acekard2i if your a dsi owner)

yes it's possible to transfer pc/emulator save files to a flash cart there's a free save converter online

Shunny's save game converter

maxi_recoba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a ds lite and i do own the gba games but i missed the events to get some of the legendary pokemon from previous generations. my intention was to use an emulator with action replay ability to obtain the legendary pokemon then migrate them to platinum so they'd register on the 'dex. im determined to fill the pokedex lol, haven't managed it since red/blue.

if i cant migrate from a flash cart then i guess there's no point. i'll maybe see about an action replay cartridge for gba and use it with the original copies i have.

or, what about trading a pokemon from a flash cart to an official copy then migrating from that? is that possible?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
If you do have an NDS flash cart, there is software to copy the save file from Pokemon to your computer. Use Pokesav to add the missing GBA Event Pokemon to your game save and then replace your current save with the "modified" save on the Pokemon cart. If you have an AR, you can use it to get some of the needed info, mainly your secret ID so that way any new pokemon will be yours and not from another trainer that just happens to have the same name and ID like you. Last I checked, Pokesav can help make the codes for pokemon as well. The only thing that might be a problem for you is that "code made" or "Pokesav made" pokemon will not show up as captured/received in your Pokedex. You'll need to trade them with someone you trust and then have them trade them back. With the codes, you're just replacing a blank spot in storage with a pokemon.

Resources: http://projectpokemon.org/ and http://www.pkmdb.com/pokemon/

maxi_recoba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok cheers for the help guys. i'm really busy at the moment but i'll keep this bookmarked and come back it at a later date. i might have a few more questions when i get round to it. thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol