Hacking Questions about DS Firelink

seowthx1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi everyone... I was just reading through the forums a little, and there are a few questions I'd like to ask.

Firstly, are ALL N-Card clones completely identical in hardware? I've heard that you can use any N-card firmware on any N-card clone. So what's the deal with all the different names and clones?

Secondly, for the DS Firelink specifically, is there any way to know what firmware is preinstalled in it? And is moonshell installed (or can it be installed later)?

Also, I've heard of things like batteries dead, save files disappearing, and that sort of stuff on the forums. Is that really a major concern? Or does it happen only very rarely?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me clear these things up. ^^

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
yea all the hardware is the same, just different companies license same hardware to sell, the NCARD being the original, all versions of the firmware are the same as the Ncards with a different background

Moonshell and DSorginize can be installed by the user yes, just download an pop onto your card

The card used to suffer fom things like corruption etc but thats not realy a big concern as it used to be, latest beta firmware is a milestone compared to the old one and can only get better

seowthx1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for all the answers... ^^ Oh and just one more question, is there a need to specify save types for games or is it done automatically?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol