Gaming Questions about DLNA

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I have a TV that uses DLNA for Streaming Videos, Music, Pics and whatever there is !
In the beginning I used the Programm from the TV company (Samsung) but because the programm sucked I started to use Win 7 function "play on ... TV" (or however this is called in the English version), but now I allways get the Error "the medium is not Ready" and when I go into my pc (more or less) it does show me an amazing long list of Videos all of which I streamed since i got the TV, but no new ones !

after using Windows to stream a movie even thaught it gives the message that the medium is not ready the movie gets somewhere into that big list so I assume the cache might be full but i have no clue at all how to acess that DLNA folder neither do i know where it is :P

Would love to get some infos about this stuff if possible,
i want to sell the TV to my Mom but she wants to stream vids without all to much problems like i have them right now oO

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is the decoding happening on you computer or on your tv?

how does it stream?do you browse the files from your tv or are you doing it all from the computer?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No clue about the decoding oO

I just do right click on the file on my computer and say play on tv and before everything worked without a problem ...

well i got the newest ps3 media server now which is awesome still i would have preffered not needing a third party programm especially cuz it worked flawless before

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked into this issue a few months back. It seems that in windows 7; windows media player does the trick but its a pain to setup.

Myself I have stumble upon a WD mybook live and thats what i use because you dont have to have a computer open to use it. But in the most neet program I have tried is : tvmobili . Hope it helps you

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i asked samsung and they said i should use their programm Allshare ... well it works but its very bad oO

i think i will install that ps3 media server on my moms computer, it seems to be the best programm out there now even thaught it would have been easyer to just do right click and start without the need for any extra programms :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o