Last edited by Vincent Vicious,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends.

If you got European 3ds, you can't play us games unless the files are region free.

If your Emunand is below the games minimum firmware version (check 3dsdb for that), you will need a firmware spoof. For example you won't be able to play Mario paper jam bros without a firmware spoof if you are on 9.5 Emunand.

Cryptofixed is a bit I also didn't grasp yet. I am pretty sure there's some kind of protection for some games and cryptofixed means it's removed.

So basically if you got a game that's fw spoof, region free and cryptofixed, it should install and run on any version. If there is a cryptofixed version, there's probably a reason for that. Just go with that and firmware spoof to maximize compatibility, region free if you're out of region. I for one always try to take only files of my region, playing out of region games online could get you banned, see monster hunter x for example.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Vincent Vicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Depends.

If you got European 3ds, you can't play us games unless the files are region free.

If your Emunand is below the games minimum firmware version (check 3dsdb for that), you will need a firmware spoof. For example you won't be able to play Mario paper jam bros without a firmware spoof if you are on 9.5 Emunand.

Cryptofixed is a bit I also didn't grasp yet. I am pretty sure there's some kind of protection for some games and cryptofixed means it's removed.

So basically if you got a game that's fw spoof, region free and cryptofixed, it should install and run on any version. If there is a cryptofixed version, there's probably a reason for that. Just go with that and firmware spoof to maximize compatibility, region free if you're out of region. I for one always try to take only files of my region, playing out of region games online could get you banned, see monster hunter x for example.
okay thanks just something about firmware spoof , why not update emuNAND to latest version and then u wont need firmware spoof to play the game ? no ?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's for new 3ds. We can't go over 9.5 in Emunand. On old 3ds firmware spoof is not needed for now as you can just update to latest version.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay thanks just something about firmware spoof , why not update emuNAND to latest version and then u wont need firmware spoof to play the game ? no ?
The New 3DS is stuck on emuNAND 9.5 for now, so people using it are unable to update.

le ninja'd

D

Deleted-236924

Depends.

Cryptofixed is for newer games that use 9.6+ encryption so that they can be run on 9.5 emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: