Questions about case replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Diosoth, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009
  1. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've ordered my new DS Lite shell replacement from DX and the order has shipped. As I plan to leave the black face panels around the screens as-is in my replacement(will be custom colored using 2 kits + existing parts), will it be totally necessary to remove the ribbon cables? Do I even need to detach the top half of the system to remove the outer shell of the lid? I know all the electronic parts in the top half are attached to the face, so it seems trivial to remove the rubber caps, unscrew the outer shell fo the top half and remove that, rather than fiddling with removing the ribbon cable and pulling the top half away. It would also save me hassle of disassembling the hinge.

2. Rising_Dragon

Newcomer Rising_Dragon Member

United States
    Looking at the pictures, you will have to slide the ribbon cable through the hole if you want to replace the outer plastic shell piece. If you want to swap the inner plastic one that faces you while you play, you don't have to fiddle much with the cables.

3. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can anyone with actual experience provide some help?