[Question] Softmodding a Gamecube, using a Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DutchyDutch, Jul 20, 2016.

1. DutchyDutch
    OP

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    is it possible to softmod a Gamecube (running backups, homebrew etc) using
    a Wii? The way I'm thinking it would work is by putting your GC Memory Card into the wii, using the Wii to trasnfer the exploit over to your MemCard and then running it on your Gamecube.

You're probably gonna ask; Why don't you just use DIOS-MIOS on your Wii?
    Or why don't you just buy a Datel SD Loader?
    Well, the Wii isn't really mine, so I can't have it upstairs, and I can't find a Datel SD Loader on any site near my country online.

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I'm not an expert with hardware. But I'm pretty sure the exploit would corrupt the GameCube, or glitch it out.

It is a smart idea, but hardware wise the GameCube has Diffrent required files compared to a Wii to run a game, or exploit. It wouldn't really work out.

HOWEVER You may be able to hardmod your GameCube to give it that capabillity, but it would be more time consuming, and more costly.

If you really want to hack a Wii then you could sell your GameCube. Most places would buy it for $30 - $50 USD. After that work your way up money wise to buy a Wii.

The Wii has way more features than a GameCube, and a lot more advantages hardware wise.

3. DutchyDutch
    OP

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Hmm.. yeah I might just be buying a new wii. I won't sell my gamecube for nostalgic purposes though.

4. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    I did this and it works

jtvjan likes this.
  5. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    That's fine.
    I would highly recommend buying a pre owned Wii from GameStop, (White Wii Model.) That is backwards compatible with GameCube Games. It will help you in the long run for emulating consoles.

They are also cheaper than the newer products as well. (Black Wii, and Wii Mini.)

6. Returnofganon

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by Returnofganon, Jul 20, 2016
  7. DutchyDutch
    OP

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
  8. Returnofganon

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Yeah that is a much better idea. What I posted is kind of pointless as memory cards can hold almost nothing and you cant really use it without having one of those gc memory cards with an sd slot