[QUESTION] Sky3DS+ and error 002-0123.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Devante, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Devante
    OP

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    I have a Sky3DS+.

I ripped my private header key from a game I have using Powersave.

I've played online with a few games, however whenever I use the online function in Bravely Default to gain other people in battle, I get 002-0123.

After research, I learned you have to use different manufacturer codes sometimes.

I've deleted my save (each time) and tried all three codes: C2, AE, F5 ... but I get the same error.

Here's my Bravely Default config:

CART_ID=C2F00090
    ENC_TYPE=00000000
    ENC_SEED= <omitted>
    FLASH_ID=C2221300
    GAMESAVE_KEY= <omitted>

Should I be doing anything else?
    Thanks for any advice, guys!

2. Devante
    OP

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    Sorry to bump. Wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten this game's online features to work with a Sky3DS+.

3. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
  4. Devante
    OP

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    Thanks for trying to help.
    In fact I did try that guide.
    However, all that guide is really saying is make sure you have the right CART_ID.

I've already tried all three manufacturer codes and get the same error with all three.
    I've also tried different ROMs from different places in case maybe the ROM was bad as well as trying different trimmers (it's too big for a FAT32 MicroSD card).

5. Devante
    OP

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    Actually I just tried several other games such as Mario Tennis and Mario Kart and I get the same error.
    However, I've played FF Explorers and Tri-Force Heroes online with other people.

Is it possible that I could have gotten the private key wrong yet it allowed me to play those games online?

6. Devante
    OP

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    Ahhh the dreaded triple bump... sorry. I just wanted to update in case others have the same issue.

So my original private key is from Pokemon X.
    I decided to pull one from Resident Evil Revelations.

Welp that key worked for all the games that weren't working: Mario Kart, Bravely Default, etc.
    I kept the key the same on the ones that were working already.

Not sure why I needed a different key for the others but oh well... it works now.