Homebrew [Question] Restore CFW/Homebrew from SDcard?

Mandra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Long story short, I lost access to my N3DSxl that had Homebrew+CFW installed on it.
However, I still have the SDcard that it used.
My "spare" N3DS(standard sized) is however running system firmware 11.6.
Is there any hope or way to reinstall from just an SDcard?
I do not have access to the current 11.6 methods of installing CFW, such as a second 3DS to transfer with or flashcarts, as listed on 3ds.guide

A simple "no" if it's not possible would be all that's needed if it's impossible to do what I'm asking.
An explanation (or redirect) of how to, would be great if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for any insights. Cheers

Mandra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't. Need to get a ntrboot flashcart to fix that. (Or dsiware install. But who uses that :P). I feel like you probably didn't uninstall the cfw. You have to really go out of your way to do that. (Like reinstall a normal boot0 and delete everything off your SD.)
Ah, ok. Thanks for the answer. Just wanted to confirm.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Did you hack the 3DS that you currently have in your hands? If it was hacked, then it will remain so unless you make the effort to remove the hack (and you would remember having done so.)

Note that if you hacked it long ago, you will most likely need to update the hacking 'method' from Arm9LoaderHax to Boot9Strap, so that you can use the latest tools available for custom firmware.
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

If your spare 3DS running firmware 11.6 was never hacked, then you will need to get a compatible flashcard (I recommend a r4ids.cn Gold or Gold Plus from nds-card.com)

Last edited by starburst,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill