[question/request] switching top/bottom displays?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by templeofhylia, Mar 31, 2016.

1. templeofhylia
    OP

templeofhylia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    Canada
    okay, so right now my 3ds is broken. top screen is pure black, needs to be replaced. yada yada.

there's a location in my city that is capable of replacing the screen for me, however i'm not really interested in leaving my 3ds with them along with my sd card. problem here is that my 3ds has a9lh installed, and obviously it won't boot without an sd card, so the person repairing my 3ds wouldn't be able to properly verify if it's working.

so i'd like to restore a pre-a9lh sysnand backup to my 3ds before getting it repaired. however, i obviously can't use decrypt9 because...well. my top screen doesn't work and i won't be able to tell what i'm doing.

MY QUESTION HERE IS if it's possible to maybe switch the menu that decrypt9 displays on the top screen and move it to the bottom screen? i imagine this is easier said than done....but maybe it's not? i'd just like to know. maybe someone can make that happen.

many thanks in advance!

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You trust them with breaking open your 3DS but not with your sd card? What kind of stuff do you have on there?

And can't you just use a different, blank SD card (with a fresh installation) if you're so worried?

survive9 likes this.
  3. cerenall101

cerenall101 Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    press the DPAD down twice then A then down twice then A THEN A to restore nand.bin to sysNAND