[Question/request] 3DS Data Transfer 7-day limit removal/reset

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Elveman, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Elveman
    OP

Elveman B9S Shitpost Race Smogonite

GBAtemp Patron
    Elveman is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    So, the question:
    Is the data for data transfer countdown kept offline? If so, is there any way to reset the timer on the 3DS after data transfer or remove this limitation completely? If so, how is it being done (or can be done)?

2. iAqua

iAqua Shadow of Dark.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Well, I'm guessing it's coded into the System Settings application, so if you decrypt edit and reencyrpt it you could remove the limit. Take a look at this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-edit-the-homemenu.424449/

Elveman likes this.
  3. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Wasn't the limit removed on later firmwares?

4. Elveman
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    And it's enforced server side...

Zidapi and Xiphiidae like this.
  6. Elveman
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    It is? Oh well. Can it be bypassed by changing Secureinfo_A or something like that?

7. crimsonnight

crimsonnight GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2008
    Was just wondering if there was any update on this?

8. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Can't you transfer offline?

Or couldn't you use a proxy to work as fake Nintendo Server

9. crimsonnight

Jan 9, 2008
    Nope.

I don't think that'd work as the data needs to sync with Nintendo's servers for it to function properly.

10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Good luck faking https

(It's reasonably easy if you can install your custom certificate, at which point you have zero practical reasons to do a system transfer apart from moving your memeverse account)

11. crimsonnight

Jan 9, 2008
    I mainly want my NNID for the Pokemon bank, and my friend wants his for games like Smash - we're both on CFW.

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Easy and hassle free option: transfer to your system, have him reinstall his own legally bought games from cia/titlekeys

Clean option: transfer to his, email nintendo asking them to unlock your nnid, wait multiple days, login from your console

13. PF2M

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 12.39.18 PM.png
    Certain network requests contain something called a "transferable_id", is this related at all?
    My friend (whose GBATemp username is ariankordi, which I'll now say because he replied to this) was able to change certain system-specific values sent to Nintendo's account servers this way, maybe it could apply to other stuff too?
    -start running Fiddler
    -connect your 3DS to a Fiddler proxy
    -find the domain of the server in RAM using NTR CFW; write this down somewhere
    -change this domain to your computer's IP somewhere, so HTTPS requests are directly viewable in Fiddler
    -have Fiddler use a customrules.js or something similar to change the values and send them back to Nintendo's servers, then pass them down to the system again
    -???
    -profit?
    I wasn't able to do this (didn't have to, because I found part of the account data in RAM that I could manipulate, something that probably isn't possible here), but it's a concept, and someone talented could look into this if they wanted to.
    It may require a certificate to work, and may also be tracked by console-specific things like certiificates or NAND IDs that are checked against the console, so I don't know if this'll work for transfers... but I'm sure someone in this scene has the time to look into this.

Last edited by PF2M, Nov 8, 2016
  14. ariankordi

ariankordi GBATemp Greg Joswiak

Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    /dev/null
    transferrable_id originates from NNID and contains a game list. When a format or transfer is performed, connections are made to the shop servers, not so sure what that is for.

PF2M likes this.
  15. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    The important part of the transfer (moving the NNID) is done on their server, so if the 7-day cooldown is enforced server-side (I assume it is) then I don't think there's much you can do about it.

If you transferred to a friend's console (who has their own NNID attached to it) then transferring back isn't even something you'll want to do, as it would move your friend's NNID to your console. You need to contact Nintendo to have them free up your NNID.

16. crimsonnight
    This message by crimsonnight has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 11, 2016, Reason: Linking to warez sites -rp.
    Nov 10, 2016
  17. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    Remove that link

18. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    He's been a member for 8 years and this should know better. If he gets banned he'll be getting what he deserves.

Roomsaver and I pwned U! like this.
  19. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    You can't just call Nintendo? You can do that on a weekday and within 24 hours, you'll get the NNID transferred to your target console. The data division is closed on the weekend, so you'd have to wait longer if you call then.