Homebrew Question Question regarding Emummc.

Mandikiri

Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am in the process of installing Emummc on my Switch. I have used CFW in the past before only for save editing my saves once in a blue moon and always offline while I do it, but I figured that now to be safe I install Emummc. My question is I mainly plan on using Emummc to just save edit my saves as I only play single player games. If I edit my save on the emunand, can I transfer that save to my sysnand by any chance?

CKkio23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am in the process of installing Emummc on my Switch. I have used CFW in the past before only for save editing my saves once in a blue moon and always offline while I do it, but I figured that now to be safe I install Emummc. My question is I mainly plan on using Emummc to just save edit my saves as I only play single player games. If I edit my save on the emunand, can I transfer that save to my sysnand by any chance?
yes you can use checkpoint or other utilities. But you said that you used CFW on sysnand? so if you ever plan on going online on sysnand restore your nand. but first create an emummc of your sysnand and problem solved?

Mandikiri

Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can use checkpoint or other utilities. But you said that you used CFW on sysnand? so if you ever plan on going online on sysnand restore your nand. but first create an emummc of your sysnand and problem solved?

In the past all I've done is use Hekate to get to edizon and edit my savefiles, nothing more. So my goal is pretty much to just use emummc to do that from now on instead of just using my sysnand for it. But since emummc and sysnand are somewhat separate what I was wondering if any saves file I edit on emmunc can be transferred to sysnand.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the past all I've done is use Hekate to get to edizon and edit my savefiles, nothing more. So my goal is pretty much to just use emummc to do that from now on instead of just using my sysnand for it. But since emummc and sysnand are somewhat separate what I was wondering if any saves file I edit on emmunc can be transferred to sysnand.
Yes, they can, with Checkpoint but that would involve booting CFW on sysMMC to restore the save... This defeating the safety you're trying to achieve with emuMMC

If you boot CFW on sysMMC you are running the risk of a ban. The risk for save editing single-player offline games seems relatively safe, it's no guarantee... And it doesn't help that no one has been getting banned recently so we don't really know what Nintendy is up to.

The safest way is the make emuMMC and play the games you want to modify there and leave sysMMC alone.
If you're going to boot CFW to recover modified saves from emuMMC then you are wasting your time for the same exact risk and might as well just keep modifying saves on sysMMC.

It's best to not touch sysMMC with CFW at all.

Last edited by Dax_Fame,
Reactions: Mandikiri

Mandikiri

Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they can, with Checkpoint but that would involve booting CFW on sysMMC to restore the save... This defeating the safety you're trying to achieve with emuMMC

If you boot CFW on sysMMC you are running the risk of a ban. The risk for save editing single-player offline games seems relatively safe, it's no guarantee... And it doesn't help that no one has been getting banned recently so we don't really know what Nintendy is up to.

The safest way is the make emuMMC and play the games you want to modify there and leave sysMMC alone.
If you're going to boot CFW to recover modified saves from emuMMC then you are wasting your time for the same exact risk and might as well just keep modifying saves on sysMMC.

It's best to not touch sysMMC with CFW at all.

Thank you for taking the time and detailing this for me. You pretty much answered my questions.

Reactions: Dax_Fame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1