Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I've been wanting to create a custom theme. But I don't know how to... of course I just googled it and I'll do it as soon as I get a Format Factory that dones not contain Artemis virus in it -_-
But my question is:

-In order to create a CustomTheme, can I use the same e-shop downloaded theme over and over?
-Is there any problem if I install someone else's theme that was created in another region's 3DS? For instance:
Someone with a Eur 3DS made a theme, and I installed that theme in my Usa 3DS.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure what you mean with the e-shop dingy but
Custom themes work on all regions.
Many tutorials says that you have to edit an e-Shop bought theme. That the ones bundled with the console doesn't work.

SORRY!
1) I mean this:
I bought a theme from the e-Shop. That is the "Black and White Checkerboard"
I'm guesing that if I use that theme, it's data would be "overwritted"?
Or whenever I want to create a custom theme can I use that same theme over and over again.

Last edited by Gizametalman,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to find themes which are not in cia format (body_lz.bins) or use https://3dsthem.es/ for them. As for "official" themes (found on that iso site). There is usually either cia format, individual cia format, or zips with the body_lz.bin and audio file. For all of the non cia ones, you can either use chmm2 to inject the theme data into your home menu, or use howling theme cia builder (?) to make a cia of all your themes.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try to find themes which are not in cia format (body_lz.bins) or use https://3dsthem.es/ for them. As for "official" themes (found on that iso site). There is usually either cia format, individual cia format, or zips with the body_lz.bin and audio file. For all of the non cia ones, you can either use chmm2 to inject the theme data into your home menu, or use howling theme cia builder (?) to make a cia of all your themes.
I'm a bit affraid of installing .Cias into my system. So of course, I won't use that option.
I'm more confident in using homebrew apps that can do the job.

Once the CustomTheme is installed, do I have to keep all the files in my SD (body_lz and audio files) in order to get the CustomTheme working?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit affraid of installing .Cias into my system. So of course, I won't use that option.
I'm more confident in using homebrew apps that can do the job.

Once the CustomTheme is installed, do I have to keep all the files in my SD (body_lz and audio files) in order to get the CustomTheme working?
You should just in case something happens and the theme is removed from the home menu cache. Themes don't take up more than a couple mb if they have audio anyways.

Reactions: Gizametalman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*