Gaming Question regarding CoD: MW2

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I've got custom classes and my Xbox360 profile saved on my Xbox360 HDD. A friend of mine has his own console, with his own profile and CoD: MW2 game saved on his HDD. If I want to play local multiplayer on his console, is there anyway I can use my own classes? Like... would it work if I copied everything from my HDD to a memory card?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Memory card or as of the latest dash USB (formatted to work by the 360) can be used to have floating profiles and saves (I often use a memory card if I can not be bothered to sort out system link games- you copy the profile and relevant saves to the memory card* and load the profile and saves from that when you appear at your friend's house).

*I should probably save move- the 360 side file transfer does not allow profiles to be copied (with the original data remaining on drive) only moved from one to another. Of course being a USB drive means you can quite happily grab data in windows with xtaf or something like it and move things around as you wish.

A few games do not like to be copied but as far as I am aware MW2 is not one of them.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok, so copy profiles, and saves, and everything else sorts itself out. Awesome. So if I copy my profile to a memory card, and something on the memory card profile gets updated, do I then just copy the profile back to the harddrive, and delete the old profile?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically yes- if you just use the 360's onboard file manager it will only allow you to move the profile to another device.

Those of us with proper hard drive access or if you go through the new USB functionality and pull it apart on a PC will have to do the ever fun keeping all things up to date routine though if you want it.

DJ Hobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
A few games do not like to be copied but as far as I am aware MW2 is not one of them.

Ah, it looks like the multiplayer data in MW2 isn't transferable, according to Wikipedia. I did end up trying it, and yeah.. it doesn't look like any of the multiplayer data, including custom classes, can be copied. Thanks for your help anyway
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...