Question - Playing online using redNAND?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KuroTheBang, Mar 21, 2017.

1. KuroTheBang
    OP

KuroTheBang Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Heya,

Right now I'm going to install redNAND on my SD. And my question is now: Am I able to play online? or better said: Is there a chance being banned doing so?
    I remember on my 3DS that there is slightly no chance getting banned as soon as you don't cheat of course.

2. Dameros

Dameros Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2015
    Canada
    Wii U and 3DS works the same way on that point; the ticket verification is made by the console itself, which is why sigpatches/rednand woks, and the Nintendo servers assume you have a legit copy if the game starts at all, so online play and miiverse works just fine, as long as you don't cheat, as you said.

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Don't use rednand, it's pointless.

4. thegameksk

thegameksk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Can you go online without rednand?

5. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    Clydebank
    Yes

6. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I don't get why so many "Starters" are install rednand, why are there even guides for that?
    Only reason for rednand is for development but for nothing else.

(Correct me if im wrong)

Marko76 likes this.
  7. Felek666

Felek666 Typical CBHC user

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I don't understand either. redNAND wasn't created to play games. It was created to fuck around with Wii U hardware.
    Issue here might be that people spread lies. Some say if you don't use it with CBHC you'll brick. [What?] People spreading nonsense with their guides. Also outdated guides are also a thing, yet people still follow outdated video guides such as "IOSU HAX exploit" which uses fw.img method.

Marko76 likes this.
  8. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Well there were reasons on the 3DS, not sure which one apply to the Wii U...
    • keep the console on a hackable firmware and still enjoy latest firmware features. Doesn't apply to the Wii U right now since the latest is hackable
    • be able to do shit without breaking everything... but either you know what you're doing and you don't break shit, or you don't and you can break everything even when supposedly using redNAND... and you shouldn't do shit anyways, except if a dev but we're talking about widespread redNAND here, not redNAND for dev purposes
    So yeah, idk either. Could be useful once (if) Nintendo pushes an update but not before that.

9. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You have many ways to fuck up your 3ds but Not with your wii u. Everything regarding piracy is as safe as it could get and there is nothing you could brick. Only way would be installing cbhc with a pirated ds game

10. KuroTheBang
    OP

KuroTheBang Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I see, thank you.
    What about DLCs? Will I be able to use i.e. Mario Kart 8 DLCs playing online with Sigpatch?