Hacking [Question] Playing JPN games online

DRI2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a doubt since I've installed Monster Hunter X in my o3DS 9.2.0 with rxTools 3.0 (emuNAND 9.2.0).
Can I play it online?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has to be in the same region. If you're running a .cia, then you're fine. However, a .3ds running from a gateway will require borrowing the rom header from a private dump of the game, because they are used as unique ids when playing online

Be aware that mismatches in save headers will delete/corrupt the save

Reactions: DRI2000

DRI2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a CIA file. Have I to run it with the free region feature of homebrew launcher?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a CIA file. Have I to run it with the free region feature of homebrew launcher?
Running cia requires cfw, and pretty much all cfw nowadays removes the region lock. .cia connects online with your system's header, and, assuming you are using a European console connecting to a Japan exclusive game, may set a red flag for Nintendo to ban.

However, there have been a very low amount of bans from this (as far as I know)

I also think some games won't connect online if there's a region mismatch. Triforce heroes comes to mind, but it's probably the only one?

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,
Reactions: DRI2000

DRI2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running cia requires cfw, and pretty much all cfw nowadays removes the region lock. .cia connects online with your system's header, and, assuming you are using a European console connecting to a Japan exclusive game, may set a red flag for Nintendo to ban.

However, there have been a very low amount of bans from this (as far as I know)

I also think some games won't connect online if there's a region mismatch. Triforce heroes comes to mind, but it's probably the only one?
There is no way to avoid being banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.