MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Permanent exploit as in coldboot is false hope. Its the same issue with the Switch lots of ppl would stay on old FW's thinking there would be a permanent solution, but in reality they are missing out on new content over something that may never happen.
5.05 on the other hand has a very good reason to stay on it, not just b/c of its stability, but the vast majority of homebrew support resides on that FW more so than others.
The reason everyone is suggesting the OP to update to 9.00 is b/c 7.55 has the worst exploit stability. Its not worth waiting for a coldboot when you have rest mode to keep the ps4 in cfw.

I personally don't recommend back-porting games yourself as its a trial & error sort of thing I used to do it myself when I was on 5.05, but got tired of failed attempts and just updated to 6.72 when it was the latest cfw. But if you have to use a BP game b/c your on a lower firmware there are sites that have them for download, but most of the time its a waiting game b/c you have to wait for someone to actually BP the games or updates.

All the more reason to be on 9.00 so you dont have to wait for a downgrade patch
I never had any save data issues with BP games, so I can't really speak on that.
Yeah I just think that's what a lot of people are waiting for, despite it being unlikely.

Thanks for the reply there. My actual question is:

Can I install backported games/ updates without it causing an issue to my system, as I'm on FW9.00 but most PKGs I come across have been backported as like you said, 5.05 is like the golden FW.

Would appreciate help with that, I can't seem to get a clear yes, no or here's why anywhere! Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just think that's what a lot of people are waiting for, despite it being unlikely.

Can I install backported games/ updates without it causing an issue to my system, as I'm on FW9.00 but most PKGs I come across have been backported as like you said, 5.05 is like the golden FW.

Would appreciate help with that, I can't seem to get a clear yes, no or here's why anywhere! Thanks!
it shouldn't hurt the system.

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I tried installing backported patch, and it installed as usual in FW 900, and the game version shows the same as the patch version. so far, I don't see any issue.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hmm not sure why you would need a backported game on 9.00 to begin with, but the only complaint ive heard about BP games is that they could have an issue with creating save data. Ofc this was an issue when BP was still in its infant phase when devs were trying to test out their Backporting tools. However I do have a few BP games installed already before I updated to 9.00 and they still work fine. You wont ever get a clear answer b/c that issue isn't a generalized problem. Since your on 9.00 you should just ignore backported games anyway they are meant for lower FW's.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm not sure why you would need a backported game on 9.00 to begin with, but the only complaint ive heard about BP games is that they could have an issue with creating save data. Ofc this was an issue when BP was still in its infant phase when devs were trying to test out their Backporting tools. However I do have a few BP games installed already before I updated to 9.00 and they still work fine. You wont ever get a clear answer b/c that issue isn't a generalized problem. Since your on 9.00 you should just ignore backported games anyway they are meant for lower FW's.
I don't need one, but because of how popular older firmware is I find it difficult to find patches and occasionally games that aren't backported. That's why I was wondering 😅

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need one, but because of how popular older firmware is I find it difficult to find patches and occasionally games that aren't backported. That's why I was wondering 😅
Some games will get a backport in due time, but as I said in my previous comment its a waiting game. This alone is a good enough reason to be on 9.00 unless your a 5.05 user some ppl will lose their patience for a patch. If you go to those erm.. piracy sites the majority of the comment section are ppl on 5.05/6.72/7.02 begging for a backport.
The 1 game I could never play up until now was Atlier Ryza 2. That game was only playable for 7.55FW, but it did get a 5.05 backport. Unfortunately 6.72/7.02 users never got a patch for it.
There will always be folks who think jumping to a new FW is ridiculous, but not this time 9.00 is worth every jump of the way for obvious reasons.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some games will get a backport in due time, but as I said in my previous comment its a waiting game. This alone is a good enough reason to be on 9.00 unless your a 5.05 user some ppl will lose their patience for a patch. If you go to those erm.. piracy sites the majority of the comment section are ppl on 5.05/6.72/7.02 begging for a backport.
The 1 game I could never play up until now was Atlier Ryza 2. That game was only playable for 7.55FW, but it did get a 5.05 backport. Unfortunately 6.72/7.02 users never got a patch for it.
There will always be folks who think jumping to a new FW is ridiculous, but not this time 9.00 is worth every jump of the way for obvious reasons.
I'm not sure if you're still misunderstanding me sorry ahaha
  • I am on FW9.00
  • I don't need backports
  • I can only find backports
  • That's why I asked if I can use backported games on FW9.00, even though I don't need them
Does that make sense? :rofl:

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you're still misunderstanding me sorry ahaha
  • I am on FW9.00
  • I don't need backports
  • I can only find backports
  • That's why I asked if I can use backported games on FW9.00, even though I don't need them
Does that make sense? :rofl:
If your only finding backports then your probably searching on the wrong site. All I can say is keep searching ps4 games on google Im definitely not having that issue

Stinkytree7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 9.0 fw and i cant play games that require 9.00 firmware like, nicktoons brawl, cod cold war and away the survival series. i updated from 7.51 to 9.0 in hopes of not having to wait for backports and i still get the cannot use this content error.

Jordanmajody

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi guys,my name is Jordan...I'm only 15 years old and i do not have much experience in this jailbreaking stuff...I took my ps to a pro for jailbreaking and he told me i was lucky coz i was on 9.00.I just found out how to download games for it and i found that there are 6.72 games,7.55,9.00 etc but most of the cool games i want to play are listed under firmware 7.55...I just wanted to kindly ask whether i can play 7.55 firmware games on my 9.00 exploited system.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,my name is Jordan...I'm only 15 years old and i do not have much experience in this jailbreaking stuff...I took my ps to a pro for jailbreaking and he told me i was lucky coz i was on 9.00.I just found out how to download games for it and i found that there are 6.72 games,7.55,9.00 etc but most of the cool games i want to play are listed under firmware 7.55...I just wanted to kindly ask whether i can play 7.55 firmware games on my 9.00 exploited system.
Basically any game currently released is able to be played on a 9.00 system. As long as the firmware required is 9.00 or below then you are fine. 7.55 games will work, as with other firmware versions.

jjjwelch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping the lower firmware is 8.74 as the PlayStation I have can't seem to update to 9.00 because of the daughter board on the blue ray drive
Do you have soldering experience? if its a slim its usually a small fuse on the main board, especially if you have no eject or insert reaction from the console. On the phat versions there was a trick to getting the console to update, but i'm not sure if that method still works.

Reactions: Nagi2020

sammydude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Do you mean playing games which have a minimum firmware requirement of 9.00 on a firmware less than 9.00?

If that's the case, then from what I understand the game/ update for the game need to be backported, so that the PS4 doesn't know that the firmware on your PS4 is too low.

You can do this yourself, but there are various places where people backport games for everyone to enjoy on older firmwares.
Nice!

Nagi2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have soldering experience? if its a slim its usually a small fuse on the main board, especially if you have no eject or insert reaction from the console. On the phat versions there was a trick to getting the console to update, but i'm not sure if that method still works.

I have an phat not an slim. I also have another phat that was 4.74 I think, I got that updated to 5.05 and JB through an exploit/trick to work around the NoBD issue. I did swap but it still didn't work despite having successful swaps with the wrong chip :( however the JB one can read and play disc now without issue due to the JB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol