Homebrew [Question] OOThax 2.5

LoneFlo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To be clear, is there a way to make 2.5 playload works with OOThax ? I see poeples who say it works, but I can't make it works with any solution posted in the oot3dhax_installer2 thread's.

D

Deleted-236924

It's like with 2.1. oot3dhax is pretty unreliable and doesn't work right on all firmwares. Similarly, 2.5 doesn't work right on all firmwares either.
Some people who couldn't get 2.1 to work have it working fine with 2.5, while some who had 2.1 work fine can't get 2.5 to work. :c

LoneFlo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so 2.1 doesn't work anymore for me... Hoping a new installer will come soon :/

EDIT: Works if I install it withe save manager.

Last edited by LoneFlo,

Ocokpler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you do it with save manager?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PLEASE TELL ME :)

LoneFlo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just copy the hacked save in the saveDataBackup folder renamed like save00.bin (or save01 or 02) with the system.dat and old payload (2.1) named payload.bin.
Dowload this zip and you'll just have to find the payload you need for your 3DS.

You could try 2.5 hax. Didn't work for me...

Attachments

• oot.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by LoneFlo,

Ocokpler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do i rename the zip to save00.bin

Can you please redo the instructions more clear cuz i dont get this also could you link me to the github thread

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's like with 2.1. oot3dhax is pretty unreliable and doesn't work right on all firmwares. Similarly, 2.5 doesn't work right on all firmwares either.
Some people who couldn't get 2.1 to work have it working fine with 2.5, while some who had 2.1 work fine can't get 2.5 to work. :c

... I've personally NEVER had any unreliability issues with oot3dhax 2.1. Unlke Ironhax which every so often froze upon loading the ropbin. As for the stuff about 2.5 working or not on some firmwares, I assume you gathered this information from other topics on gbatemp. In that case, did said people who had said errors also fix it soon after and was it simply having forgotten something stupid? i.e. non-updated boot.3dsx

D

Deleted-236924

... I've personally NEVER had any unreliability issues with oot3dhax 2.1. Unlke Ironhax which every so often froze upon loading the ropbin. As for the stuff about 2.5 working or not on some firmwares, I assume you gathered this information from other topics on gbatemp. In that case, did said people who had said errors also fix it soon after and was it simply having forgotten something stupid? i.e. non-updated boot.3dsx

Unreliable, as in, seemingly randomly doesn't work on certain 3DS versions while it seemingly randomly works on other versions, and we have no idea why it crashes on certain versions and works for others.
About 2.5 not working on some firmwares, that comes from my own personal experience with 10.1.0-27U and I haven't seen anyone who had trouble with oot3dhax 2.5 post that they fixed their problem.

By the way, the old boot.3dsx should start up just fine with 2.5. You just won't have access to some of the new features such as hans shortcuts. Everything else should work, though, and should be able to use hans on its own directly.
(Or at least I assume so, because nearly everything worked fine with mashers' grid launcher after 2.5 came out and that definitely wasn't "updated" for 2.5. Sleep mode worked, HANS worked, etc. HANS shortcuts were the only thing that needed to be implemented still.)

Hipeopeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hipeopeo.tk
XP
Country
United States
so do i rename the zip to save00.bin

Can you please redo the instructions more clear cuz i dont get this also could you link me to the github thread
Sorry I’m late (By three years). Rename the save0x.bin.xxx (xxx = region) to save00.bin, and if you’re using checkpoint, copy it to SD://3DS/Checkpoint/OOT/save00.bin . Copy the system.dat to the same directory. Use Checkpoint to install the save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: