Question on new USB drive.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LordErk, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009

Question on new USB drive. by LordErk at 10:37 PM (634 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. LordErk
    OP

Newcomer LordErk Member

United States
    i just got a brand new Western Digital 320Gig My passport essential, that im formatting to NTFS right now, and i would like to make a 150GB partition for my backups. i know the partition needs to be WBFS. but i dont know how to go about achieving that.or how my wii is supposed to be set up. im on 4.0U with the TBR fix and IOS38 rev 14.i use neogamma R6 to usually play my backups and i heard it can be used as a USB loader.

any help would be appreciated, or comments on your personal preferences on loaders or how you do things.

and 1st post for me, hope to be an active member here.

2. cliffey501

Newcomer cliffey501 Newbie

United States
    to format to WBFS you have a couple options 1 is connecting your harddrive to the wii and letting the usb loader format it 2nd option is to d/l wbfs manager and using that to format to WBFS.Be sure you select the right drive when formatting tho or you could have problems.The usb loader i personally use is usb loader gx and i have to say it rocks.once you decide on a usb loader you will have to turn on 002 fix in the usb loader settings otherwise you will get 002 errors.good luck

3. LordErk
    OP

Newcomer LordErk Member

United States
    thank you.

4. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Google WBFS Manager if you're going to directly load images from the PC to your drive.

And for the love of Jesus, please check out all the specially designed stickied Newb threads that answer questions like this and beyond.