[Question] Is creating Legit CIAs hard?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Wolfy, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Wolfy
    OP

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    As of now, there are a very small number of available Legit CIAs released on the web. I read a little on FunkyCIA2 and it looked harmless enough for those with 9.2 or below CFW/GW to create Legit CIAs from their eShop content. And now the question...

Why are their so few people contributing legit CIAs? I'm most likely over looking a large portion of the actual work put into it though.

2. The_Nanobots

The_Nanobots Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Legit Cias that you dump only work for your system. The small number of universal Legit Cias is due to what has been released as preinstalled content on a 3ds system. We can't dump more, unless Nintendo release more 3ds systems with software preinstalled.

3. Wolfy
    OP

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    Pokemon Red And Blue are getting released as pre-installed content so hopefully :3

4. The_Nanobots

The_Nanobots Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Or you could just downgrade, set up emunand, and use non-legit Cias.

artur3004 likes this.
  5. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    and all fw >=9.2 users that wants to install legit cia are truly pirates (besides that 0.1% of them who really did an dump of their own legit cia's)

Kafke likes this.
  6. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    yes i think most people would probably agree illegally downloading games is piracy

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Jan 13, 2016
    Wolfy likes this.