Question installing .cia's

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mastermodr94, Dec 9, 2014.

1. mastermodr94
    OP

mastermodr94 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Ok I apologize if this has been posted before but i can't seem to find any thread about it. Is there a way to install a .cia to your nand so that you don't need gateway to play the game. Like not installing to the emu-nand but to your actual 4.5 home screen.

Thanks

2. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    No.

Edit:
    That would require a deeper understanding of the 3DS, or an exploit that launches on boot. (Think untethered jailbreak, same idea)

3. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I don't think it's possible or recommended. The only way I would see it working is if you just didn't have emunand set up at all. And even if it managed to install might not be very happy after a power cycle and gateway's programming isn't active to skip the nand signature checks, cause if the signature isn't proper the 3ds considers your nand corrupt.

Why would you have anything other than your gateway in the slot anyway? You know it's so we can have all on games on 1 card :lol:

4. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    At the moment you can't install cia's on sysnand, but you can use Palantine CFW to install cia's on emunand without a gateway card.

5. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    maybe only dsiware and system titles get installed - maybe if we change the titleid to pretend that it's a system title, maybe it would get installed to nand, not sd card.
    but i would be surprised if it is that easy.
    it would not be a good idea, you could accidentally install a large enough cia and mess up the nand :)