[Question] Homebrew Hatena?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PaiiNSteven, Oct 15, 2015.

1. PaiiNSteven
    OP

PaiiNSteven Newbie

2. coon-strudel

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    I agree yes, 100% yep, please, someone do this.

3. nopy4869

nopy4869 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    United States
    Have fun getting C# to compile. C and C++ are the languages you'll want to use.

4. PF2M

PF2M Ex-Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    This shouldn't be that hard to do since flipnote files are stored directly on the SD Card, the only problem would be showing the files from a homebrew app. I don't think we can do any edits to the official app unless we have kernel access, so there might be a problem there... otherwise, shouldn't be hard!

5. anewaccount

anewaccount Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    If anything a translation of the Japanese Flipnote Studio 3D version would be easier than making a new one from scratch. Maybe, anyway, since it'd be the menus.

6. PaiiNSteven
    OP

PaiiNSteven Newbie

Hmm, I'll take a look at these. Compiling doesn't sound too fun lmao. Thanks for that c:

Last edited Oct 16, 2015
  7. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Am I missing something? There is already a Flipnote 3D for USA and other regions...
    Why this?

8. anewaccount

anewaccount Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    He's asking for "Homebrew Hatena" because (as far as I know, I've never used Flipnote Studio personally), the American one doesn't have access to any online features. So he wants an alternative that does.

9. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    This would probably be better than an official option, because an official one would probably have microtransactions like the old one.

PF2M likes this.
  10. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Last i checked it was STILL only USA and JAPAN. No love for the rest of the planet yet. :(

11. PaiiNSteven
    OP

PaiiNSteven Newbie

The only thing I am worried about is that if this one were to actually come up, this would have much more vulnerabilities in it.

"HOMETENA"

12. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Flipnote Studio 3D will be delivered in Europe for those who join the new fidelity program after the Club Nintendo closure.