Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I must ask a questions that every homebrew dreamer has to ask, how do you develope your own homebrew apps? i don't care how hard it is, i just need to know how to get started and start developing, i hope that's not to much to ask for
rolleyes.gif
i just need to know know what programs i need and how to use them ( make sure is kinda noob friendly
gbasp.gif
) also i tried reading the wiibrew.org tut but its not really that great.... thanx for helping who knows maybe i'll develope the bestest app gbatemp ever seen, or this post wil be ingnored completly....sigh

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well to get started, look for the devkitPro installer/updater, and make sure you install devkitPPC and libogc. Its best to just install all of the options anyway. Then I recommend downloading Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Express Edtion 2008. Then after that, I also think its a great idea to install the WiiWizard app wizard for Visual Studio. Then once its all installed, go for it. Maybe look up some Wii development tutorials.

If you need links for all these programs, just say so

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
devkitPro 1.4.9 Should start automatically downloading.

Visual Studio Express C++ 2008 Click on the download link for 'Visual Studio C++ Express' (in yellow box)

WiiWizard Template

Its a little bit complex to set up the environment for Visual Studio Express, but its well worth it. Its the best C++ IDE in my opinion
And it also is pretty big on download size, depending on your version of Windows.

Any problems, PM me or post here

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa calm down. This probably isnt the best thread for this. I have no idead what you mean about the region free apps part.

And the second part, is you're after a Backup Loader channel WAD. Theres plenty of info on them here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night