QUESTION: Homebrew App Development

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Keeley, Jan 28, 2009.

Jan 28, 2009
  1. Keeley
    OP

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I must ask a questions that every homebrew dreamer has to ask, how do you develope your own homebrew apps? i don't care how hard it is, i just need to know how to get started and start developing, i hope that's not to much to ask for [​IMG] i just need to know know what programs i need and how to use them ( make sure is kinda noob friendly [​IMG] ) also i tried reading the wiibrew.org tut but its not really that great.... thanx for helping who knows maybe i'll develope the bestest app gbatemp ever seen, or this post wil be ingnored completly....sigh

2. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well to get started, look for the devkitPro installer/updater, and make sure you install devkitPPC and libogc. Its best to just install all of the options anyway. Then I recommend downloading Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Express Edtion 2008. Then after that, I also think its a great idea to install the WiiWizard app wizard for Visual Studio. Then once its all installed, go for it. Maybe look up some Wii development tutorials.

If you need links for all these programs, just say so

3. pro2oman

Member pro2oman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    if it's not to much trouble i would like the links [​IMG]
    thank you
    Pro2oman

4. MicShadow

Australia
    devkitPro 1.4.9 Should start automatically downloading.

Visual Studio Express C++ 2008 Click on the download link for 'Visual Studio C++ Express' (in yellow box)

WiiWizard Template

Its a little bit complex to set up the environment for Visual Studio Express, but its well worth it. Its the best C++ IDE in my opinion
    And it also is pretty big on download size, depending on your version of Windows.

Any problems, PM me or post here

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    codemii.com too, check it out...!! [​IMG]

6. damattster77

Newcomer damattster77 Newbie

United States
    CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME WHY MY REGION FREE GECKO FREE APPS ARENT WORKING OR MY BACKUP LOADER /LAUNCHER ? and how do i get to display my backup loader to display on my wii channel MENU SCREEN

7. MicShadow

Australia
    Whoa calm down. This probably isnt the best thread for this. I have no idead what you mean about the region free apps part.

And the second part, is you're after a Backup Loader channel WAD. Theres plenty of info on them here

8. Keeley
    OP

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    haha thanx guys i'll try it now i was sleeping lol can't wait to get started!