[Question]Getting ready to downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xxbilxx, Jan 2, 2016.

1. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I am completely unfamiliar with the downgrading process, setting up emunand and sysnand correctly, and installing unsigned CIAs.

I have saw some threads and tutorials, but could someone run me through a basic (extremely simple) version of the steps that I would need to take once the new exploit is released to downgrade. I have a N3DS on 10.1. If you guys could inform me, I would be appreciative. It's easier to get advice from knowledgable users than crawl through dated posts on different forums and piece it all together.

If you could, linking to good tutorials so I could peruse them would be very helpful too. Thanks in advance, forum goers.

2. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat halloween peener

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Nothing has really been said, but you should add the TubeHax DNS to your internet settings (a quick google search shall help you with that) and also don't update the firmware you're currently on (even if you're on 10.2 or lower), just in case.

3. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I'm okay with that. I am using my own company's DNS server to avoid updates (I blocked all known Nintendo IPs). Thanks for the reminder though, some users could definitely need that pounded into their heads.

Does anyone have a simple set of instructions to install CFW correctly on 9.2 though. I really don't want to brick my 3DS in the process!

Games&Stuff and Bubsy Bobcat like this.
  4. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat halloween peener

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Yep, I wish I did a few months ago. One of my 3DSes was already plagued with the dreaded update nag but had the TubeHax DNS setup afterwards. Unfortunately I left that 3DS unattended and that ended up with my little cousin getting his hands on my it and updated the system. BAM, now it's on 10.3.

5. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    That stinks but no harm no foul. Everything is okay once again. :)

Im surprised the forum hasn't stickied something like this. No user has completely made a fault-proof tutorial for at least six months.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Bump?

Bubsy Bobcat likes this.
  6. Substance12

Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Seriel likes this.
  7. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
  8. Substance12

Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    You end up installing rxTools, but you need Pasta for that specific step of the tutorial.