[Question] Extract Pk6 from pokemon battle video CODES

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by quantumboy, Jun 1, 2016.

1. quantumboy
    OP

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    So I already know that if I save a battle video, I can extract the file with jksm and import the result into pkhex to get the pokmeon used in that battle.

My question is if i see a battle on YouTube or something and have the code to look it up, is there any way to extract the data in a similar way?

2. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    I don't think you could do such a thing, since you have no way to save that video, I could be wrong tho :P

3. quantumboy
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    since the game has to download the data at least in memory perhaps there is a way someone could figure out a way to make the request to the server for the battle file
    or
    maybe there is a way to use mem hax to get the info while in game via various methods of dumping the ram?

4. SciresM

SciresM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2014
    United States
    You would be right that it is possible. I did it, once, even, for twitchplayspokemon.

However, since stealing other people's pokemon is not the kind of thing I'd like to encourage, how to do it is left as an exercise to the reader.

(I'd recommend not publicly making anything to do it, since, again, it seems kind of rude, but obviously I can't stop anyone sufficiently interested from doing so.)

5. quantumboy
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    very interesting, I am not sure how you did it, but I think I can figure out "a" way, perhaps not the easiest one though

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

would you at least give me a hint? perhaps if my first or second idea (ram dump or http req) is which thread I should follow