Hacking [Question] Dsiware Downgrade SD swap?

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do the system transfer between the o3ds's, do I consider 3ds #1's SD as 3ds #2's?
When doing the system transfer you swap them at the end, but I'm not sure if in the tutorial/guide the SD'a stay the same or if you switch them and the 3ds #1's SD becomes 3ds #2's SD and vice versa.

I don't want to screw up and be that one guy at GameStop who says the 3ds they just bought doesn't work 2 days afterwards and request a replacement.

Any clarification would be helpful.

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I dont think it really matters. Once you have field runners installed on 3ds #2s nand you could even wipe the sd if you wish. What you do need to do is complete the system transfer (which means changing the sd)once they have moved the field runners off the sd onto the nand you may use whichever sd you wish. Just that the source one would have luma files.. Someone do correct me if I'm wrong though!(sleepy as hell so I might be off)

Last edited by qq12345,

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to say Yes to "The transfer process will replace all data on the target system with that of this system. All data on this system will be reset and deleted. Continue?"

??

On the guide it says to not delete source SD data, is the prompt referring to source data on the device itself and not the SD?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to say Yes to "The transfer process will replace all data on the target system with that of this system. All data on this system will be reset and deleted. Continue?"

??

On the guide it says to not delete source SD data, is the prompt referring to source data on the device itself and not the SD?
the target data will be deleted. you can choose to keep the source data (optional, but recommended)

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually confused on that line myself... I already screwed up once and I didn't notice if I did erase the SD card data... The process didn't even ask me to swap memory cards...

Does the prompt to erase the source SD card data come at the end step? After the transfer is done?

Last edited by raylgo,

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually confused on that line myself... I already screwed up once and I didn't notice if I did erase the SD card data... The process didn't even ask me to swap memory cards...
it says on the target system to swap after system transfer is done. it appear around the time i pressed yes for the prompt in question.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in the process of system transfer right now. If I screw up, I'm just going to keep the 3ds's as is and not try again after 7 days.

I feel like I screwed up, even though it's not done. After reading this..

Target System
  1. Tap "Delete" to confirm deletion of all Nintendo 3DS data on the target system's SD Card. Tap the blue "Delete" button to begin the transfer.
    • If "Do Not Delete" is selected, the Target system will request to perform the transfer without deleting the Nintendo 3DS data on the SD Card. Tap "Yes" to begin the transfer.
    • No matter which option is selected, you will need to redownload any preinstalled titles on the target system once the transfer has been completed.
So far i haven't gotten that prompt on device #2 (target device, aka 3ds #2)

rip, rebooted, didn't get prompt. im scared tbh. lol

Last edited by Ayukito,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you choose to transfer without PC ( fully transfer), it actually clone all the files on source device sd card to the target one.

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at "Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card" now and I don't know which 32 Character ID to choose. There's two. And as I go through both, they both have the desired file to delete. Help?

One is likely from the system transfer, because it has my backups, dsiware, etc on it. the other doesn't.

going to make a huge assumption and assume the one with the dsiware is the one I should delete stuff from

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse