Hacking [Question] Differences between the Regular Internet Browser and Software-Launched Internet BBrowser?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was screwing around with SMM when I (noticed before but let's play along) noticed that when you click Search and it opens the 'secret' browser and opens a different version of Super Mario Maker Bookmark with the 'Play' button on each course. When clicked, the browser closes, and said course will immediately launch. However, when I went to the site in the normal Internet Browser, and clicked Play, it gave me a 404 and said:
SMMB 404 Error said:
The Play feature can only be used when you access the Super Mario Maker Bookmark website via the Super Mario Maker game. Go to Course World → Courses → Bookmarks, and then select Search to launch the site from within the game.
So my question is, how does the website know the difference? Does the software send a request on x server, then when the Play button is clicked, a response is sent to the software with what to launch. If I click Search and immediately click the HOME button, open the browser and access the site, will it work?

Thanks in advance guys!

Oh, and as a side note, I went to loadiine.ovh and ran the HBL through the secret browser, and it opened it, but when I tried to run something (Mocha CFW), it gave me a black screen freeze. Strange.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's similar to how you were rejected from accessing miiverse on 3ds through the actual web browser but launching through the miiverse app which was just a fancy dedicated web browser it let ya in, your browser sends info on what it and you operating system and many other details when accessing a webpage, there is likely a special bit of info it sends when actually in mario maker when requesting to play a stage

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's similar to how you were rejected from accessing miiverse on 3ds through the actual web browser but launching through the miiverse app which was just a fancy dedicated web browser it let ya in, your browser sends info on what it and you operating system and many other details when accessing a webpage, there is likely a special bit of info it sends when actually in mario maker when requesting to play a stage
Like a cert?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...