Homebrew [Question]Bypassing Mario & Luigi Paper Jam's update?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have given this a bit of a search around as I swore I could've remembered seeing a way to bypass gamecard updates, but apparently not.

Is it possible with an o3DS XL on 9.2 and rxTools to bypass the update requirement on Mario & Luigi Paper Jam without having to update the emuNAND or FW spoof a .cia?

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have given this a bit of a search around as I swore I could've remembered seeing a way to bypass gamecard updates, but apparently not.

Is it possible with an o3DS XL on 9.2 and rxTools to bypass the update requirement on Mario & Luigi Paper Jam without having to update the emuNAND?

That would be a pain in the butt to do it each time, but you can launch it through Hans or the region free loader.

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
(Assuming you're talking about emuNAND) Maybe you could try updating nver and cver only, but I'm not sure if that would solve it.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also without FW spoofing a .cia. I have tried homebrew launcher a few times now but HANS only once. I'll give that another go. EDIT: HANS won't do anything with it. I'm using the latest starterkit too.

I have had the NVER updated but I don't know what CVER does.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also without FW spoofing a .cia. I have tried homebrew launcher a few times now but HANS only once. I'll give that another go. EDIT: HANS won't do anything with it. I'm using the latest starterkit too.

I have had the NVER updated but I don't know what CVER does.

Maybe try FreeMultiPatcher? That's a simple .cia that comes with a nice option to spoof your firmware on your EmuNAND. I enabled that, and I don't get any sort of update nag from my cartridges for Smash Bros. or Kirby Triple Deluxe. I'm using a New Nintendo 3DS XL on 9.2 with rxTools if you're curious (My signature at the time of this writing is outdated).

Last edited by Cornholio309,

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why not just unlink your sysNAND and EmuNAND?
and upgrade your EmuNAND? You cant really play most games if you are on 9.2
Smash Bros doesn't even work If you want the DLC characters,
Alot of games crash mid game as well if you are on 9.2

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why not just unlink your sysNAND and EmuNAND?
and upgrade your EmuNAND? You cant really play most games if you are on 9.2
Smash Bros doesn't even work If you want the DLC characters,
Alot of games crash mid game as well if you are on 9.2

I have my NANDs unlinked, that's not the problem. I have a big issue with updating even the emuNAND partly because I think something terrible will happen that the 3DS won't recover from, and also because I dislike the idea of updating to a firmware that has less options, even if it's on the emuNAND and it should be fine. Thus why I'm asking if there is an alternative out there.

As for FreeMultiPatcher, the result remains.

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I have my NANDs unlinked, that's not the problem. I have a big issue with updating even the emuNAND partly because I think something terrible will happen that the 3DS won't recover from, and also because I dislike the idea of updating to a firmware that has less options, even if it's on the emuNAND and it should be fine.

As for FreeMultiPatcher, the result remains.
You wont have less options because you still have RXtools and you can still boot homebrew, My 3DS is fine and i can play the game just fine.
Just update your Emunand nothing bad is gonna happen and you will avoid all of these updates by the game cart. If you need a tutorial here you go.

How to properly update emunand:
Boot into Emunand, and launch System Settings. Make sure it says RX-EorRX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emunand, and go straight to Other Settings -> System update without exiting the System Settings app.

Source:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol