{Question} Autoboot HBL without menuhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Suicuark, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    So i would know if there is anyway to autoboot in HBL without using menuhax, just to use my themes CIA package easily.
    (For example: Have browserhax/HBL CIA, anywat for autoboot?

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Yes, arm9loaderhax.

3. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Arm9loaderhax, what is it?
    (Also it has coldboot features?)

4. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    It runs arm9 code from cold boot, so can be used to auto boot CFW. It could potentially boot a Ninjhax or similar payload to get to hbl if that's what you want to do.

https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax

5. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Okay thanks for your quick answer.
    Is there any thread about it? (Well search bar doesn't seem to agree)ยต+
    Also i have 9.2 O3DS. (10.5 emuNAND)

Last edited by Suicuark, Feb 19, 2016
  6. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Arm9LoaderHax seems like it would be a bit overkill for what you're trying to accomplish. What's wrong with using Menuhax to launch the HBL?

7. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    The thing that wrong is that i wan't to use an legit theme CIA files instead of always boot manager and change theme files in SD.

8. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    If you're installing themes from CIA files, could you not install NASA or FBI or some other CIA manager to your home menu then install CIAs that way? And you're doing all this on the emunand side as opposed to sysnand, right?

9. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Seems you don't understand, i've already installed themes BUT choosing one uninstall menuhax so i just wan't use themes normally.

10. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You're right that I don't understand. If you change your theme on emunand, that shouldn't cause menuhax (which should be installed to sysnand) to break.

11. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Ah ok, your my saver (omg it's that why when i install custom it does not show on emuNAND)
    Also can you help me?
    When i boot rxTools it's tell me that's installation data suite failed, then when i try booting emuNAND or sysNAND, it tells me there is no NATIVE_FIRM 004 or something like that.

12. FenrirWolf

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    I haven't used rxtools in a while. But from what I remember, rxtools requires that you have a firmware.bin file (or some other file with the .bin extension) to be present on your SD card for it to work. I would double-check to be sure you have that in the right place. And if you don't have it, go to wherever you got rxtools from and you should be able to find out how to get it there.

13. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Well i have firmware.bin, but can't remeber if's it's in the root or in rxTools folder ( and don't have consomle to check right now )