Hacking Question about which card to use.

Noba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about posting this here if it's the wrong place, I'm new to doing hacking on anything other than a PSP.

So I recently bought a new dsi xl, and I was going to get an R4... But I'm not sure which one to use. The firmware is 1.4E, and all the website guides for picking one that I've looked at don't tell me what to use for that. Any ideas? (I'd also prefer it to have an SD card slot, but it's been years since I've worked with one so I'm not sure if they all do!)

Thanks!

PS: If it's possible to just stick an SD card into the slot and add some kind of CFW to the DS, that works too.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about posting this here if it's the wrong place, I'm new to doing hacking on anything other than a PSP.

So I recently bought a new dsi xl, and I was going to get an R4... But I'm not sure which one to use. The firmware is 1.4E, and all the website guides for picking one that I've looked at don't tell me what to use for that. Any ideas? (I'd also prefer it to have an SD card slot, but it's been years since I've worked with one so I'm not sure if they all do!)

Thanks!

PS: If it's possible to just stick an SD card into the slot and add some kind of CFW to the DS, that works too.
R4i Gold 3DS Plus is what you want then, it is able to use SDHC OR SDXC (converted to fat32) micro SD cards, it is able to give you CFW for your 3DS consoles. At the moment they do not hack DSi consoles, most likely never will.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i Gold 3DS Plus is what you want then, it is able to use SDHC OR SDXC (converted to fat32) micro SD cards
seeing as how its a dsi why not suggest the scds2 instead
At the moment they do not hack DSi consoles, most likely never will.
there is no proper dsi cfw atm . . . but some low level hackers have set their sights on it as nintendo has shut down the dsishop

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the teasered DSi CFW requires a flashable flashcard (or a specific game).
Never heard of such a thing, I have heard of HiyaCFW which is only able to be used via rocketlauncher (unreleased at the moment). I am in multiple DSi homebrew/hack servers on Discord and nobody there has mentioned it either. I will have to double check the DSi Guide again in case I missed it.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Never heard of such a thing, I have heard of HiyaCFW which is only able to be used via rocketlauncher (unreleased at the moment). I am in multiple DSi homebrew/hack servers on Discord and nobody there has mentioned it either. I will have to double check the DSi Guide again in case I missed it.
Rocket launcher requires a flashable flashcard or a specific game due to how it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc