Hacking Question about vita shell or molecule?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i turned on my vita the other day, and i had a update message from when i was using the molecule. I said yes and accepted it. So it did some random stuff to update i guess, i didn't quite follow, the system was changing apps and such. All i know is 2 things.

1. The update worked. I'm using 0.95
  2. There is now two extra apps for total of three. MolecularShell which henkaku installed, VitaShell Updater, and VitaShell. Both molecularShell and VitaShell seem to be exactly the same thing 0.95
The thing i like to know is,

1. do i need all three of these things?
  2. if the answer to question one is no, what should i remove?
  3. If i do remove anything from question two, will future updates do the samething again? (put them back like it did already)

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think one is updater and the other is a standalone version of VitaShell. I deleted both and molecularShell still works fine and shows version 0.95. You can confirm it's 0.95 by pressing triangle key in ux0 and looking for "More" in the menu that has the SHA1 calculation and installing all VPKs options, which were just added in 0.95.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay