Hacking Question about updating my cfw ?

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, right now I'm using rebug 4.82.2 cobra 7.55 cfw, and if I updated 4.83 ferrox cobra cfw, can I still continue using rebug toolbox, for turning back 4.82 rebug or maybe installing another cfw (I don't know any other ways for qa flags)
thanks for all helps...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Once you enable the QA flag it stays on until disabled, so just enable it once and leave it that way

With QA enabled you don't need any app or "downgrader" cfw, just put the operating system of your choice in the standard USB update location and update to it (updating via recovery mode may be needed)

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Once you enable the QA flag it stays on until disabled, so just enable it once and leave it that way

With QA enabled you don't need any app or "downgrader" cfw, just put the operating system of your choice in the standard USB update location and update to it (updating via recovery mode may be needed)
thanks for answer, my qa flags enabled, do you have any idea about which cfw is best for 4.83 ? ferrox or spy or any other ?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
do you have any idea about which cfw is best for 4.83 ? ferrox or spy or any other ?
"Best" is very subjective, I am an atypical user who wants everything official looking (converted to pkg and appearing in the XMB with proper icons) so I currently use Overflow standard (non-cobra),

but for the average gamer basically any Cobra cfw will do what they want just fine (and still have more gimmicks than they will use)

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Best" is very subjective, I am an atypical user who wants everything official looking (converted to pkg and appearing in the XMB with proper icons) so I currently use Overflow standard (non-cobra),

but for the average gamer basically any Cobra cfw will do what they want just fine (and still have more gimmicks than they will use)
thanks again =)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, right now I'm using rebug 4.82.2 cobra 7.55 cfw, and if I updated 4.83 ferrox cobra cfw, can I still continue using rebug toolbox, for turning back 4.82 rebug or maybe installing another cfw (I don't know any other ways for qa flags)
thanks for all helps...

Whats the difference ? Why update to Ferrox ? Do you have a reason to do that ? I prefer Rebug over Ferrox to be honest with you. Been with Rebug CFW for over 8 years.

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the difference ? Why update to Ferrox ? Do you have a reason to do that ? I prefer Rebug over Ferrox to be honest with you. Been with Rebug CFW for over 8 years.
rebug is better, i know that but there is no 4.83 rebug yet, so i want to update ferrox for now, when rebug release 4.83, i probably will change my cfw

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rebug is better, i know that but there is no 4.83 rebug yet, so i want to update ferrox for now, when rebug release 4.83, i probably will change my cfw

For what ? There are no newer games for 4.83 so that's SO unnecessarily and nonsense at all. PS3 is officially dead. So there are no new games for 4.83.

Rebug 4.83 will be release when they make sure everything is perfect and no bugs. Thats why I don't like Ferrox because they rush all the time and possible had a bug in it. Rebug team is an excellent and always careful and they know what they are doing.

Again... Nothing to do with 4.83 itself. Just new security or something like that. No newer games for 4.83 at all.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So there are no new games for 4.83.
New BD movies, that is the main reason they still make occasional updates - to change the keys (of course, since all flashable consoles will remain so forever, any new key can easily be dumped...)

Rebug takes longer to be made because it's a CEX and DEX hybrid, and DEX (& DECR) updates can't be downloaded by the general public so they have to be leaked before they can even try to make their signature REX or D-REX...

It's not really "better" (as I said, it's subjective): it certainly is the most-featured one, but not everyone wants those :)

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes my cousin is using my ps3 and he like to go online so I don't wanna ruin my cfw with a stupid mistake, that's why I want to update a 4.83 scene. Otherwise I'm very happy with 4.82.2 rebug...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: