Question about transferring emuNAND.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by chaojimbo, Feb 28, 2016.

1. chaojimbo
    OP

chaojimbo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    California
    I actually am unsure if the topic title is what I'm looking for an answer to.

I currently have a N3DSXL on 9.2U sysNAND and 10.6U emuNAND with CFW ReinNAND. I want to get the 20th Anniversary Pokemon 3DS since it is on 10.2 and can be downgraded to 9.2 as well. Will system transfer from emuNAND mess with the firmware (downgrade?) or will I need to downgrade first and then transfer the emuNAND over?

EDIT: Another question. Will cloning my SD card clone my emuNAND or will I have to reformat a new card and do a different way of transferring?

2. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    The thing is that you need to update to do a system transfer... so there is no point on it.
    Also, you can't use an emunand on a different 3ds from where it was created.

What you can do is a system transfer from your current emunand to a new emunand when you manage to downgrade your pokemon's 3ds.

Edit:
    Well... if the pokemon's 3ds is not a n3ds, you cannot system transfer

Last edited by Arubaro, Feb 28, 2016
  3. chaojimbo
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    California
    Ah, right. So this means I need a successful downgrade and trigger the initial boot-process on emuNAND, yes?

4. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    Yes, just follow the regular steps of downgrading/setting up cfw and once you update your emunand, make the system transfer.

Although, keep in mind that you cannot have the receiving emunand with a NNID linked... so you will certainly lose your preinstalled pokemon game.

Also... I have never made a system transfer from emunand to emunand so if anyone know more details...

Last edited by Arubaro, Feb 28, 2016
  5. chaojimbo
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    California
    I only want the 3DS for the aesthetics. I already own Red/Blue/Yellow legally on the eShop plus being on 9.2 will allow cia installation, so that last bit doesn't matter in the long run, lol. Thanks for the help.

Arubaro likes this.
  6. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    Some more information if you need it

http://hackinformer.com/forum/thread-336.html

chaojimbo likes this.