Question about the XBOX 1ST GEN

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I was wondering. Is the XBOX 1ST Gen region-free? My cousin sent me a lot of XBOX 1st gen games. Most of them are in the NTSC-US region

A friend of mine offered me an XBOX 1ST Gen for $20. Said it isn't modified. He told me that it was made in Mexico. Does that mean anything?

If the XBOX 1st gen isn't region-free, is there an easy alternative to play the games?

Thanks in advance

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you want to upgrade the hard drive to store games it's a hell of a lot easier if the console is chipped (no messing around with drive unlocking and locking). Chipped xboxes go for around $20 here in Australia (likely more on ebay, but more local used sales listings have them cheap). I got one chipped with 2 controllers and component cable for $20 a year or so ago (now have 3).

Worth it for 'Conker: Live and Reloaded' alone :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
console made in mexico? isn't that a ybox? (contrafeit/fake console?)

Actually no.
Your Wii gets made in China, Xbox gets made in Mexico, Hungaria and other countries.
All of the parts for consoles get produced world wide and be assembled elsewhere.

Reactions: migles

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure this is 100% accurate but from what I've been able to gather
  • 1.0 systems were made in Mexico or Hungary
  • 1.1 systems were made in Mexico or China
  • 1.2 systems were made in China
  • 1.3 systems and later were made in China or Taiwan
In any event, I wouldn't worry about it being a Mexican system. Mine's Mexican and still runs perfectly after more than 12 years. Wish my PS2 bought around the same time had lasted half that long.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure this is 100% accurate but from what I've been able to gather
  • 1.0 systems were made in Mexico or Hungary
  • 1.1 systems were made in Mexico or China
  • 1.2 systems were made in China
  • 1.3 systems and later were made in China or Taiwan
In any event, I wouldn't worry about it being a Mexican system. Mine's Mexican and still runs perfectly after more than 12 years. Wish my PS2 bought around the same time had lasted half that long.

Pretty much comes down to if you open it up for any reason, take a peek and make sure everything is still good in there, remove any busted caps if there are any, like the clock capacitor. Give it a good clean if that's the case and she's good to go again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu