Gaming Question about the PSN

realveemon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres this game on the PSN called Grandia. I always loved playing the thing back on the PS1 so i am thinking about buying.

Now here lies the problem.. I own a PSP-GO with 6.20 on it. I also have Media Go 1.4 installed (downloads and transfers to GO faster than a straight download from the system (most will know what i mean)). I want to get the game but also remain on 6.20 for when the hen arrives.

Am i fine to connect my PSP-GO to my pc, go onto media go and download the game without updating or will i have to give this game a miss?

On a side note, i do own a PSP-2003 with CFW 5.50 PROM-3 on it so please nothing to do with "buy a hackable PSP" or "use your hacked psp and stop whining". That psp is strictly used for emulators and videos. I just want to support the games companies to a certain degree.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
media go wants to update your psp firmware to 6.31 but you have to accept first of course, try downloading it over a ps3 if you have one.
and i guess the game will require ofw 6.31 to run. i am on 6.20 too and downloaded lunar silver star harmony a few days ago and it also required 6.31 -.-

realveemon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats the thing. Lunar Silver Star Harmony is a PSP game so it probably will ask for an update. Grandia on the other hand is a PS1 game so i didn't know if it would also ask for an update..

Does anyone know if any of the ps1 games on the PSN have an update.PBP file or whatever it is?

I ask because my FF VII/VIII/IX work without any updates so i was quite lucky with them if they do require updates.. PS1 games i mean.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ohh right, psone games are a bit different. downloaded rayman 2 when it came out in europe. the performance was really bad on ofw 6.20 but fine on 6.31. MIGHT be the same case with grandia, but it should definitely run
tongue.gif

realveemon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bad COULD the performance get? can it be something i'll notice straight away or should i only expect choppy cutscenes?

I've just taught myself how to read those kind of files and have yet to locate an update inside a ps1 game (that includes others like Crash Bandicoot 3 and others)

I think i'm gonna give it a shot, its only£6.29 in the uk.. If it doesn't work, i'll wait for it to work or i'll force it to work.. Does anyone know how to force games to work? LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)