Question about the Development Assistant app

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Galebourn, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Galebourn
    OP

Galebourn Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I haven't checked the news for the last few days and I just heard that the PSM app got pulled from PSN.

I'm still on FW3.18 and I don't have a PS3 so I have never had the PSM app on my Vita and never logged into the PSM portal on my Vita.

However, my publisher’s license was approved some time ago and I can log in as a developer on the website.

If I update now, can I still download the PSM app from the PSM Dev Website directly, even if the app isn't on PSN anymore?

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Unfortunately, the app had to come from PSN, or you have to send the file over from a hacked PS3. I don't know if the dev app is even still on PSN now. I think the only way to still get the dev assistant is via a hacked PS3.

Edit: As well, I don't know for certain if you can still download the dev app at all. I think I read that Sony had finally pulled it shortly after the homebrew SDK was announced (Rejuvenate), but I'll have to double check that information.

3. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    If you signed up already, then yes, you should be able to download it from your download history.
    I've actually downloaded it yesterday, had to make a decision whether I should update my 3.18 console, and Yifan himself suggested to do it.

Edit: Didn't notice you haven't "purchased" it yet from your account. I've actually purchased the app a few days ago from my pc, not sure if you can still do that.

Last edited by Varia, Jun 18, 2015
  4. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    you should have picked up an expoitable psp game and ps1 game while on 3.18 via a ps3 using the qcma trick. You would have had TN-V and PS1 isos with proper sound on 3.18 had you done this.

5. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    You're acting as if everyone has a disposable PS3 at their side.
    Unfortunately that wasn't the case for me, I don't have nor do I know anyone who does, so this was my only option.

And we're speaking about the new Vita usermode hack by the way...

Last edited by Varia, Jun 26, 2015
  6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I was referring to staying on 3.18 to have TN-V, PS1 w/ sound, Package installer, and the PSM native hack all at once. Also, If I did not have a PS3 on hand and didn't need one, I would have got one, installed what I needed on the Vita, then returned the PS3 to the store.

7. CleanSweep

CleanSweep Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2014
    United States
    Central Florida
    Apparently there's a way to install the Unity version on FW 3.20+, although the methods aren't entirely clear:

Here's a Wololo thread troubleshooting it.

8. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Dont you still need a psm license ?

9. CleanSweep

CleanSweep Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2014
    United States
    Central Florida
    Not to install the package. You'll need PSM+ to keep it running though.

10. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    It does mean that people like me running 3.18 don't have to update our consoles though. We get access to the PSM Unity app while still keeping TN-V and the TN-X PS1 loader. Best of both worlds, glad I resisted the temptation to update.

driverdis likes this.
  11. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I did exactly this and I am glad I did.