Nayd03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone :)

I have an old 3DS with FW 4.5 and want to update to 9.2.
I've read that I need Sysupdater/Rx Tools Devmode and the 9.2 cias for that.
My question is how I can install the Sysupdater cia. I think it must be installed on the real nand.
Thanks for your help :)

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you boot in DevMode (Pasta Mode), and have injected fbi on H&S app, you can install and boot sysupdater in sysnand.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means sysnand by saying "real NAND" in which case he's correct

I have seen dozens of people install it to the NAND, because the tutorial usually say "install to sysupdater into sysnand".

And I have seen other dozens of users booting FBI in emunand and install it to NAND destination thinking NAND means sysnand and SD emunand.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: Testo90

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have seen dozens of people install it to the NAND, because the tutorial usually say "install to sysupdater into sysnand".

And I have seen other dozens of users booting FBI in emunand and install it to NAND destination thinking NAND means sysnand and SD emunand.
Thats why the dsiware doesnt work on my 2ds. I did exactly this failure.. Emunand>FBI>write to NAND.

How do i do it corectly?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

I know, not saying your statement is incorrect. I'm just saying that I don't think he meant what you think he meant. Good info either way

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why the dsiware doesnt work on my 2ds. I did exactly this failure.. Emunand>FBI>write to NAND.

How do i do it corectly?

Sysnand > FBI > NAND

NAND is where the system updates and DSiware are installed.

SD is where every other game and apps are installed.

This has nothing to do with sysnand vs emunand.

D

Deleted-236924

How do i do it corectly?
DSiWare has to be installed on sysnand along with emunand if you want to play them from emunand.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is how I can install the Sysupdater cia. I think it must be installed on the real nand.

I know, not saying your statement is incorrect. I'm just saying that I don't think he meant what you think he meant. Good info either way

I'm pretty sure he was thinking it that sysupdater should be installed to the NAND.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm pretty sure he was thinking it that sysupdater should be installed to the NAND.
The reason I don't think he meant that is because that option (SD/NAND) is available in FBI, which he didn't mention or seem to know about. He seems to simply ask how to install. In this case, I think real NAND is sysnand.

Either way, he should have enough info now.

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PastaCFW + FBI.3dsx or FBI injection, same thing you did with emunand.
Thank you, i got it. One more question. When i want to play dsi ware on Emunand.

1. Boot emunand
2. BigBlueMenu install cia on Emunand
3. Boot Rxtool Devmode
2. install cia on NAND

Now i can play Dsi ware on my Emunand ore directly when i turn on my 2DS. Or only in Rxtools Devmode?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, i got it. One more question. When i want to play dsi ware on Emunand.

1. Boot emunand
2. BigBlueMenu install cia on Emunand
3. Boot Rxtool Devmode
2. install cia on NAND

Now i can play Dsi ware on my Emunand ore directly when i turn on my 2DS. Or only in Rxtools Devmode?

Just use BBMto install it in emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@ac3ds No

Nayd03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everytime I try to boot rx tools 3.0 b6 i get an error message: "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close". Does anyone know why? I tried it several times (via ds profile/browser with mset installed) even with different sd cards.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to boot rx tools 3.0 b6 i get an error message: "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close". Does anyone know why? I tried it several times (via ds profile/browser with mset installed) even with different sd cards.
Do you have the firmware.bin in the right place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs