Hacking Question about System Transfer between EmuNANDs

hoodlum47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is my situation. I am expecting to get a N3DS in the upcoming days and have heard about it coming with firmware 9.0. meanwhile I have an OG 3DS on 9.5 emuNAND and I heard somewhere that both 3DSes have to have matching firmwares in order to system transfer.

I DO happen to have a backup of my OG 3DS's 9.2 sysNAND so I would assume the process would be this;

1. downgrade OG 3DS emuNAND to 9.2 ( will need help with this in terms of transferring installed content (eshop))

2. Use a "manual update" CIA on N3DS's emuNAND to upgrade to 9.2 (when GW releases support)

3. proceed with System Transfer

Anything I missed or are wrong about?

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You have to have both consoles with the latest firmware in order to System Transfer. So Emunand has to be in 9.5 if you want to transfer emunand to emunand for example.

Gateway N3DS support still isn't out but they did say they are not supporting 9.5 Emunand on the initial release.

hoodlum47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to have both consoles with the latest firmware in order to System Transfer. So Emunand has to be in 9.5 if you want to transfer emunand to emunand for example.

Gateway N3DS support still isn't out but they did say they are not supporting 9.5 Emunand on the initial release.

If this is true than that sucks. Is there an alternate method to move everything out of my old 3DS?

EDIT: I GOT IT! I'll convert my installed eshop games to CIAs with cearp's funkyCIA and decrypt my saves with SDF

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes CIA or 3DS of your stuff is the only way ... just wait until the GW update is out before you do that, we might have good news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: